Yaiskulgee Pakhang Angaoba
Yaiskulgee Pakhang Angaoba (English: Mad Bachelor of Yaiskul) is a 2012 Manipuri film written and directed by Homen D' Wai. It is produced by Premjit Naoroibam and Kenedy Naoroibam, and presented by Anita Naoroibam. It stars Gurumayum Bonny as the titular protagonist with Bala Hijam in the lead roles. The background score of the film was given by Surmani (Rishi).
|Yaiskulgee Pakhang Angaoba|
|Directed by||Homen D' Wai|
|Written by||Homen D' Wai|
|Produced by||Premjit Naoroibam|
|Edited by||K. Bimol Sharma|
Surmani (Rishi) Sharma
|Distributed by||Kangla Films|
Yaiskulgee Pakhang Angaoba was released at Bhagyachandra Open Air Theatre (BOAT), Imphal in the year 2012 and screened in different theatres of Manipur in March 2012, including Friends Talkies, Paona Bazar. The film garnered wide critical acclaim upon its release and was declared a 2012 hit film of Manipur. The line Daasanihe, by Taa Kaboklei Inaocha from the film, became a symbol of humour and irony till today.
Sanatombi is a studious, simple guy from Yaiskul. When he returns home from his school boarding, he crosses path with Majaru, a Kabui girl. Sanatombi falls for her. Taking help from the local guys like Kaboklei Inaocha and Kokphai, he transformed himself into Yo Sanatombi just to impress Majaru.
Majaru takes the opportunity and plays with Sanatombi but the latter is completely blinded by love. When he comes to know the truth on April Fool's day, he suffers from severe depression. With his parents' support and love, he is able to completely recover from it. He does not lose heart and begins to resume his focus on studies. When his hard work and dedication bears fruit, he gives the credit to Majaru. She regrets her past actions and ask Sanatombi for forgiveness.
- Gurumayum Bonny as Sanatombi
- Bala Hijam as Majaru
- R.K. Sanajaoba as R.K. Sanajaoba, Sanatombi's Father
- Star Kamei as Kamei, Majaru's Father
- Heisnam Ongbi Indu as R.K. Tharo Shija, Sanatombi's Mother
- Ibomcha as Kaboklei Inaocha
- Gandhi Kangla as Kokphai
- Ritu as Majaru's Friend
- Nirupama as Majaru's Friend
|8th Manipur State Film Festival, 2013||Best Actor in a Leading Role - Female||Bala Hijam||Won|
|Best Actor in a Leading Role - Male||Gurumayum Bonny||Won|
|Best Director||Homen D' Wai||Won|
|Best Feature Film||Director:
Homen D' Wai
Premjit Naoroibam & Kenedy Naoroibam
Aphao and Surmani (Rishi) Sharma composed the soundtrack for the film and Homen D' Wai wrote the lyrics. The songs are titled Nakhoi Khulgi Thonggaldani and Nungsi Nangbu Keida Leige.They were among the hit song numbers of 2012.
|1.||"Nakhoi Khulgi Thonggaldani"||Homen D' Wai||Aphao||Aphao, Sarita Gazmer||06:31|
|2.||"Nungsi Nangbu Keida Leige"||Homen D' Wai||Surmani (Rishi) Sharma||Gurumayum Bonny, Sarita Gazmer||04:55|
- rosn lai. "top movie reviews".
- "Kangla Films Manipur, Film & video equipment rental Manipur".
- "Security Check Required".
- "Who Is or Who Was Kaboklei Inaocha?".
- "Financial aid extended to the ailing actor Kaboklei Inaocha". e-pao.net.
- "8th Manipur State Film Festival 2013 Awards :: December 24, 2013". e-pao.net. Retrieved 13 July 2021.
- "Kangla Films,Manipur's Photos - Kangla Films,Manipur - Facebook".
- "Yaiskulgi Pakhang Angoba Manipuri Film 2012 Songs".