Thierry Choffat (19 May 1968 – 6 September 2021) was a French political scientist. He specialized in syndicalism, the far right, the far left, and Bonapartism.
|Born||19 May 1968|
|Died||6 September 2021 (aged 53)|
Choffat earned a degree in public law from the University of Rennes 1 and obtained a doctorate in political science. He became a lecturer at the University of Lorraine and joined the Association française de science politique. He served on the council of administrators of the Souvenir napoléonien. In 2010, he became President of the Vosges Napoléoniennes, an association re-enacting events from the department of Vosges.
A Bonapartist activist, Choffat co-founded the political party Rassemblement bonapartiste in 1992. The party dissolved in 1996 and he subsequently co-founded Avenir France République, under which he stood in the 1997 French legislative election, garnering 3% of the vote in Doubs's 3rd constituency. In 2000, he founded France bonapartiste, of which he served as Vice-President. In 2008, he was elected Deputy Mayor of Fraimbois, as well as community councilor in Mortagne. In 2015, he unsuccessfully ran for Departmental Councilor of Canton of Lunéville-2.
Choffat joined the Gaullist party Debout la France. In 2013, he was elected to the party's national council. However, he subsequently left the party due to its shift to the right. He became Vice-President of the party L'Appel au Peuple, founded on 4 May 2021 by David Saforcada.
- Les élections présidentielles de 1995 (1997)
- Les Francs-Comtois et l'Empire (2004)
- Les syndiqués en France (2007)
- Les Comtois de Napoléon (2010)
- La Bérézina. Suisses et Français dans la tourmente de 1812 (2012)
- Les syndicats catégoriels : CGC, USS-Solidaires, FSU, UNSA. Les syndicats en France (2012)
- Les partis de la gauche anticapitaliste en Europe (2012)
- Les origines bonapartistes de la Participation (2013)
- Le mouvement bonapartiste de 1870 à 2014 (2014)
- Michel Ney, le Brave des Braves (2015)
- Antoine Drouot, Le Sage de la Grande Armée (2017)
- Drouot, Le Sage de la Grande armée (2019)
- Munter, Laurence (7 September 2021). "Thierry Choffat, président des Vosges napoléoniennes, est décédé". Vosges Matin (in French). Retrieved 9 September 2021.
- Lesur, Sabine (16 October 2015). "L'exil vosgien de Napoléon". Vosges Matin (in French). Retrieved 9 September 2021.
- "Entretien avec Thierry CHOFFAT ..." France bonapartiste (in French).
- "Les élus". Fraimbois (in French). Archived from the original on 8 December 2015.
- "Conseillers communautaires". Communauté de Communes de la Mortagne (in French). Archived from the original on 21 April 2014.
- Ambrosi, Catherine (10 March 2015). "Elections départementales, canton de Lunéville 2 : à l'ombre des mirabelliers". L'Est républicain (in French). Retrieved 9 September 2021.
- "David Saforcada". Canablog (in French).
- Destailleurs-Henry, Christopher (4 May 2021). "Naissance du mouvement "L'Appel au Peuple"". L'Appel du Peuple (in French). Retrieved 9 September 2021.
- "Le Bureau National". L'Appel du Peuple (in French).
- "Thierry Choffat, Président de l'association des Vosges Napoléoniennes est décédé". Épinal Infos (in French). 8 September 2021. Retrieved 9 September 2021.