Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (transl. Taarak Mehta's inverted spectacles) is a Hindi sitcom based on the weekly column "Duniya Ne Undha Chasma" by Taarak Mehta in Chitralekha magazine. It is produced by Asit Kumarr Modi. It premiered on 28 July 2008 and airs on Sony SAB. The show holds the Guinness World Record for the longest-running sitcom on television by episode count.
|Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah|
|Created by||Asit Kumarr Modi|
|Based on||Duniya Ne Undha Chashmah by Taarak Mehta|
|Narrated by||Shailesh Lodha|
|Opening theme||Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||3,277|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Neela Tele Films|
|Distributor||Neela Tele Films|
|Original network||Sony SAB|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||28 July 2008 –|
|Related shows||Taarak Mehta Kka Chhota Chashmah|
|Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah|
|Neela Tele Films|
The series takes place at the Gokuldham Co-operative Housing Society, an apartment complex in Powder Gali, Film City road, Goregaon East, Mumbai, and focusses on the members of Gokuldham Society.
Gokuldham is also referred as "Mini India" in the show. The residents of Gokuldham are shown facing mundane problems and finding solutions for those problems. The show also occasionally highlights social issues. Most of the episodes are based on Jethalal being stuck in a problem and Taarak Mehta, his best friend, whom he calls his "Fire Brigade", rescues him. They help each other in their problems, to promote unity in diversity. Gokuldham is lively and often laughs. The members of Gokuldham celebrate all the festivals like a family and organise various events. The responsibility of organising these events is often on Tapu Sena's shoulders while Bhide is tensed about exceeding the budget.
Cast and characters
- Dilip Joshi as Jethalal Gada a.k.a Jethiya, Tapu Ke Papa : A Kutchi Gujarati Jain from Bhachau, Gujarat. He runs a store called Gada Electronics. He is married to Daya, but has a crush on his neighbour Babita Iyer. Jethalal is Tapu's father, Champaklaal's only son, Sundar's elder brother-in-law and Taarak Mehta's best friend. (2008–present)
- Disha Vakani as Daya Jethalal Gada : Jethalal's wife, Tapu's mother, Champaklal's daughter-in-law and Sunderlal's elder sister. Whenever Jethalal is in the society's compound, she goes on the balcony and publicly shouts embarrassing things to Jethalal. Daya is endearingly called Garba Queen due to her passion for Garba and Annapurna (one who doesn't let anyone remain hungry) by everyone due to her excellent culinary skills. She is from Ahmedabad, Gujarat. She has a catchphrase Hey Maa! Mataji! (Oh God!) whenever shocked or excitedVakani left the show in September 2017 and her character is shown to be living with her mother for pilgrimage. She made cameo appearances in 2018 and 2019. (2008–2017; 2018; 2019)
- Bhavya Gandhi as Tipendra Jethalal Gada a.k.a. Tapu: Jethalal and Daya's only son, Champaklal's only grandson and Sunderlal's nephew. He's the leader of Tapu Sena and very intelligent. He is often called Chhoti Daya (younger version of Daya) by Jethalal because he is daring like his mother. (2008–2017).
- Amit Bhatt as Champaklal Jayantilal Gada a.k.a Champak Chacha, Bapuji, Dadaji: Jethalal's father, Daya's father-in-law and Tipendra's grandfather. He is from Bhachau (Kutch), Gujarat. He publicly discusses embarrassing moments from Jethalal's childhood. Tapu Sena considers him the sixth member of their group. (2008–present)
- Jayantilal Girdharlal Gada: Champaklal's father (in memories and photo) (2021)
- Shailesh Lodha as Taarak Mehta a.k.a Mehta Saahab, Fire Brigade: The narrator of the show who is a writer and poet by profession, he had a love marriage with Anjali. He is from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He is Jethalal's best friend, who calls him Fire Brigade as he helps him through most of his problems. (2008–present)
- Neha Mehta as Anjali Taarak Mehta a.k.a. ATM: Taarak's wife. She is a dietitian and an excellent best out of waste artist(2008–2020)
- Tanuj Mahashabde as Krishnan Subramaniam Iyer a.k.a Iyer Bhai: He is Babita's husband. Iyer is a scientist from Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He is a society committee member and Treasurer. He and Jethalal sometimes quarrel, but also cooperate. He's often called as Iyeridli by Jethalaal in his mind due to his constant leg pulling by him.(2008–present)
- Munmun Dutta as Babita Krishnan Iyer: Iyer's wife. Jethalal has a crush on her because of her modernness and beauty. Jethalal unsuccessfully tries to impress her. She was a dancer in the film industry. She is from Kolkata. (2008–present)
- Mandar Chandwadkar as Aatmaram Tukaram Bhide a.k.a Bhidu: A strict home tutor from Ratnagiri, Maharashtra and Gokuldham Society's only Secretary. Madhavi's husband and Sonu's father. He quarrels with Tapu and Jethalal and often blames Tapu for any mischief in the society. His catchphrases are "Main Aatmaram Tukaram Bhide Is Gokuldham Society Ka Ekmev Secretary" (I Aatmaram Tukaram Bhide this Gokuldham Society's only secretary) and "Are Hamaare Zamaane Mein" (In our times). (2008–present)
- Sonalika Joshi as Madhavi Aatmaram Bhide: Aatmaram's wife is a businesswoman who sells achaar (pickles) and papad (papadum, a seasoned flatbread, with pickles.) She is Sonu's mother. She often taunts her husband for his stingy behaviour. (2008–present)
- Jheel Mehta as Sonalika Aatmaram Bhide a.k.a. Sonu(2008–2012): Bhide and Madhvi's only daughter. She's the only female and most intelligent member of Tapu Sena in terms of studies.
- Nirmal Soni as Dr. Hansraj Baldevraj Hathi aka Hathi Bhai: is a doctor from North India. He is kind, jolly and fat. His catchphrase is "Sahi Baat Hai"(It is correct) (2008–2009; 2018–present)
- Ambika Ranjankar as Komal Hansraj Hathi: Dr. Hathi's wife and Goli's mother. Her catchphrase is "Sahi Baat Hai", like her husband. (2008–present)
- Kush Shah as Gulabkumar Hansraj Hathi a.k.a. Goli: Dr. Hathi and Komal's. He loves to eat and is the most mischievous member of Tapu Sena. He also has catchphrase "Sahi Baat Hai" like his parents. He often do mischiefs with Jethalaal due to which he often calls Goli Beta Masti Nahin( Goli Dear Don't Do Mischiefs). Bhide often calls him Goya due to his pranks. (2008–present)
- Gurucharan Singh as Roshan Singh Harjeet Singh Sodhi: A mechanic who owns a car garage. He hails from Jalandhar, Punjab. His Parsi wife is also named Roshan. He likes to party. His catchphrase is "Use Te Main Chhaddanga Nahin" (I'll Not Leave Him) whenever he finds society members in trouble. (2008–2013; 2014–2020)
- Jennifer Mistry Bansiwal as Roshan Kaur Sodhi: Sodhi's wife and Gogi's mother. She is a Parsi. However she often berates Sodhi for his addiction to alcohol.(2008–2013; 2016–present)
- Samay Shah as Gurcharan Singh Roshan Singh Sodhi a.k.a. Gogi: Roshan and Sodhi's only son and the youngest member of Tapu Sena, sometime shown to be naive. He's a copy of his father in terms of nature and is therefore called "Junior Sodhi/ Medium Sodhi" by Bhide. His catchphrase is "Use Te Main Chhaddanga Nahin" similarly like his father. (2008–present)
- Sharad Sankla as Abdul Nawab Miyaa: Owner of a grocery shop (All in one general store) where gents of the society gather after dinner for general discussions along with drinking soda. He often helps society members in society functions. (2008–present)
- Ghanashyam Nayak as Natwarlal Prabhashankar Undhaiwala a.k.a. Nattu Kaka: Nattu is Jethalal's employee and Bagha's paternal uncle. He handles the accounts section of Gada Electronics. He is from Undhai Village, Gujarat. Whenever Jethalal assigns him some unwanted work, he pretends to not have heard and shouts, "Hain! Aapne mujhe kuch kaha kya?" (Sorry! Did you say something to me?). (2008–2021)
- Azhar Shaikh as Pankaj Diwan Sahay a.k.a. Pinku: Eldest member of Tapu Sena, who initially lived in Gokuldham Society but later shifted to the neighbouring Gulmohar society. His parents Mr. Diwan Sahay and Mrs. Dipika Sahay are agents in R&AW and were deployed overseas for many years. (2008–present)
- Shyam Pathak as Patrakaar Popatlal Bhagwatiprasad Pandey aka Popu: He is from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. He works as a senior crime reporter in the Toofan Express and is the head of the digital edition of Toofan Express. He is a society committee member. He has twice won The Golden Crow Award. He is a longtime bachelor who wants to marry. He is stingy and short-tempered and always carries an umbrella. His catchphrases are "Main Duniya Hila Dunga" (I'll shock this world) and "Cancel, cancel, cancel". (2009–present)
- Tanmay Vekaria as Bagheshwar Dadukh Undhaiwala a.k.a. Bagha: Jethalal's employee, Nattu's nephew, and Bawri's fiancée. He is sometimes silly and sometimes smart. His catchphrases are "Jaisi Jiski Soch" (How A Person Thinks) and "Bade Sayane Keh Kar Gaye Hain" (Elderly people said that). (2010–present)
- Mayur Vakani as Sundar Lal: Daya's only brother and Tapu's maternal uncle. He often creates problems for his brother-in-law Jethalal. He schemes to take money from Jethalal. (2008–present)
- Daya Shankar Pandey as Inspector Chalu Pandey. A police officer in Maharashtra police from Uttar Pradesh background. He's dislikes Society members solving cases themselves and leaving him no chance to be credited for solving even a single case. He fears his wife Basundi. He has a catchphrase, "Hamara Naam Hai Inspector Chalu Pandey Jhuth Bologe Toh Padenge Dande" (My name is Inspector Chalu Pandey and if you dare to lie then I will not leave you through my stick) (2011–present)
- Monika Bhadoriya as Bawri Dhondulal Kanpuria: Bagha's fiancée and love interest. She often forgets names, except Bagha, and causes trouble for Jetha in shop. She has a catchphrase, "Haye Haye Galti Se Mistake Ho Gayi" (Oh God, I made a mistake by mistake)(2013–2019)
- Yash Patel as Magan, a worker at Gada Electronics. (2008–present)
- Kanti Joshi as Baka, Sundar's friend. He has a catchphrase in Gujarati language "Kem Palty" (How are you?) and often chews paan. (2010–present)
- Jatin Bajaj as Bhailu, Sundar's friend. (2014–present)
- Rakesh Bedi as Taarak Mehta's short-tempered and arrogant boss who often asks Mehta do his personal works too. (2020–present)
- Priya Ahuja as Reporter Rita Shrivastav. (2008; 2009–2010; 2013–present): A reporter in Kal Tak News channel
- Nidhi Nautiyal replaced Ahuja as Reporter Rita Shrivastav. (2010–2013). Priya Ahuja was again cast in the role after Nautiyal left the show in 2013.
- Anil Yadav as Matka King Mohanlal (2008–2009)
- Kamal Ghimiral as Iyer's boss (2019–present)
- Asit Kumarr Modi as Himself
- Harshad Joshi as Himself and various other characters
- Malav Suresh Rajda as Himself and various other characters
- Priti Savior as Bhanumati Sattavala: wife of Rasikbhai. (2008)
- Surbhi Chandna as Sweety: former salesgirl at Gada Electronics who later claimed to be Jethalal's wife to extort money from him. (2008)
- Nupur Bhatt as Tina: Tapu's wife in Jethalal's dream. (2008)
- Rudra Soni as Bunty: Daya's friend's son who annoyed Jethalal. (2009)
- Kari Irwin Otteburn as Kerry: Jetha's namesake sister from London and Popat's former love interest. But she married someone else. (2009)
- Ayushmann Khurrana as himself (2009)
- Raju Kher as Mr. Chandi Ramani (2010)
- Rishi Raj Kapoor as himself (2010)
- Neetu Kapoor/Singh as herself (2010)
- Asma Siddiqui as Koyal: Anjali's mischievous sister, Popat's former love interest (2010)
- Yashpal Sharma as Don Kuldeep Singh Rana (2011)
- Saroj Khan as herself/judge for Society's Disco Night Dance Competition (2012)
- Kareena Kapoor as herself (2012)
- Sharman Joshi as himself (2009, 2012)
- Khushboo Tawde as Bulbul: Popat's former love interest. (2013)
- Tapasya Nayak Srivastava as Bharti (2013)
- Hrithik Roshan as himself to promote Krrish 3 (2013)
- Simple Kaul as Gulabo: Mohan Pyaare's wife; Jetha's namesake sister. A girl from Matkunda village, Pauri Garhwal district, Uttarakhand who claimed to be Jetha's first wife. (2012–2013)
- Shivaji Satam as A.C.P. Pradyuman from CID (2014)
- Aditya Srivastava as Inspector Abhijeet from CID (2014)
- Dayanand Shetty as Inspector Daya from CID (2014)
- Dinesh Phadnis as Inspector Fredricks/Freddy from CID (2014)
- Gaurav Khanna as Inspector Kavin from CID (2014)
- Amitabh Bachchan as himself (2014)
- Nigaar Khan as Sophia (2014)
- Boman Irani as himself (2012, 2014)
- Tanaya Gupta as Minty/Sapna: A con girl who came to marry and loot Popat, but repented. (2015)
- Pratish Vora as Mukadam Babu Bhai (2015)
- Deepesh Bhan as Rahul (Goli's cousin)/ Lawyer Pyare Mohan (Gulabo's husband, Jetha's lawyer) (2010, 2012, 2015)
- Ganesh Acharya as himself (2015)
- Deepika Padukone as herself (2014, 2015)
- Atisha Naik as Mangu Tai (2017)
- Mahira Sharma as Ekta (Anjali's sister) (2014)/ Host of Ganesh Chaturthi Mahotsav (2017)
- Shah Rukh Khan as himself (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
- Manisha Yadav as Ratnavali: Babita's friend who uses ratnas to test love (2017)
- Salman Khan as himself (2011, 2015, 2017)
- Garima Goel as Dhanraj's wife (2016)/Ganesh Chaturthi's host (2018)
- Mamta Dutta as Sania: A member of a smuggling group who disguised herself a ghost to scare Gokuldham Society's members (2010)
- as Darawani Dulhan (2018)
- Ranveer Singh as himself (2019)
- Ajay Devgan as himself (2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2020)
- Varun Dhawan as himself (2014, 2016, 2017, 2020)
- Kajol as herself (2015, 2020)
- Navina Bole as Dr. Monica Sharma (2017) /Dr. Sara (Babita's friend; Jetha's psychiatrist in his weird dreams track) (2020)
- Deepak Pareek as Bhogilal: Jetha's greedy business associate who tried to cheat him and many other businessmen. He was later arrested by Society members' intelligence. His catchphrase was "Bhagwan Sabka Bhala Kare Par Shuruaat Mujhse Kare" (God should help everyone, but start with me.) (2021)
- Aradhana Sharma as Deepti: Rang Tarang Resort's room-service employee who worked as an agent of Madanlaal, the black marketing mastermind (2021)
- Kajal Pahuja as Bharti: Popat's innocent namesake sister who worked as junior to Popat in Toofan Express and assisted him in Mission Kaala Kauwa (2021)
- Soni Patel as Sanjana: Rang Tarang Resort's receptionist who worked as an agent of black marketing mastermind Madanlaal under the guise of an unmarried girl (2021)
- Muni Jha as Madanlal: the black marketing mastermind (2021)
- Arsh Merchant as Rangatarang Resort's manager (2021)
- Dev Kumar as Mukesh: Rang Tarang Resort's waiter (2021)
- Introduction (Episode 1): The narrator of the show Taarak Mehta (Shailesh Lodha) introduces the characters.
- Tapu's mischief (episodes 2–4):
- Champaklal's arrival (episodes 5–7): Fed up with little Tapu's mischief, Jethalal is suggested by Taarak to invite his father Champaklal to teach Tapu good manners.
- Samuhik Rakshabandhan (episode 12–13): Members of Gokuladham society celebrate Samuhik Rakshabandhan.
- Jethalal Gets Kidnapped (episodes 14–16):
- Ganpati Celebration At Gokuldham 2008 (episodes 21–27): Members of Gokuldham society celebrate the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- The Husbands vs. The Wives (episodes 31–34):
- Sundar's scheme (episodes 55–62): Sundar brings scheme for Gokuldham members and promises to double their money.
- Tapu's Wedding (episodes 71–83): Champaklal wants to have Tapu married during his childhood as he himself was. But society members and Jethalal oppose this. After failing to find a girl for Tapu, some misunderstandings occur, Champaklal finds a girl, but she is older than Tapu. After explaining to Champaklal about the disadvantages of child marriage, he understands and drops the idea of Tapu's marriage.
- Daya's Maun-vrat (episodes 169–173): After a deal with a Chinese client goes awry due to Daya's interference, Jethalal says that Daya shouldn't talk to anyone. Although initially Jethalal takes his statement lightly but afterwards becomes depressed due to Daya's silence. Unable to see him depressed, Daya breaks her Maun-vrat.
- GPL 1 (episodes 174–184): Gokuldham Premier League season 1 aka GPL-1. The society members play a friendly cricket tournament dividing into two teams, Jabardast Jetha and Bindaas Bhide led by Jethalal and Bhide, respectively. The match result doesn't come out due to not receiving any permits from police for a night tournament and ends with no results.
- Jethalal gets annoyed by a Kid (episodes 185–187): Jethalal wants to sleep all day long because of the fatigue of GPL 1. But Daya's friend leaves her son at Jethalal's house and goes shopping with Daya and her son annoys Jethalal all day.
- Jethalal London fiasco and Kerry (episodes 205–244): Jethalal goes to London for a business trip. There, he meets Kerry and invites her to India. When she arrives in India, Daya assumes that Jethalal has an affair with her. Later, the confusion is cleared, but Popatlal falls in love with Kerry and tries to marry her. In the end Popatlal is still a bachelor.
- Holi 2010 (episodes 325–331): Members of Gokuldham society celebrate the festival of Holi.
- Saree sale at Bhatiawadi (episodes 355–364): Mahila Mandal buy defective sarees, but the saree seller alleges that Mahila Mandal did not buy sarees since they don't have a bill. So Mahila Mandal retaliate by doing a Garba Andolan in front of the hall.
- Black Money Problem (episodes 373–380):
- Water Crisis in Gokuldham (episodes 381–389):
- GPL 2 (episodes 390–402): Tapu Sena, tired of their boring vacation, plan GPL 2 with the help of Sundar. Jethalal is caught in crossfire, since Daya and Babita are the captains with the team names Daya Dandiya Devils and Blaster Babita. Daya's team wins the match while Babita's team loses.
- Sodhi meets Irfan Pathan (episodes 403–409): Irfan Pathan is impressed by Sodhi's game. Sodhi being on cloud nine decides to meet Irfan Pathan at his house in Vadodara.
- Shampoo Massage (episodes 409–412): While Daya massages Jethalal's head, she mistakenly applies shampoo instead of oil, making his hair spiked. Iyer laughs at him and clicks a photo, so the humiliated Jethalal does the same to Iyer.
- Ghost In Gokuldham (episodes 413–425): A woman in a white saree who resembles a ghost constantly terrorises Gokuldham Society members. Despite repeated attempts to drive her away, she doesn't listen and threatens them. Tapu Sena and Rita suspect foul play and uncover that the "ghost" is actually a criminal and used to terrorise Gokuldham members so that they could carry their illegal activities smoothly. Their cover is blown by Tapu's plan and Gokuldham is saved from the "ghost".
- Popatlal and Koyal (episodes 426–434): Koyal, Taarak Mehta's sister-in-law, comes to stay with her sister in Mumbai for a few days while waiting for a visa to go to a foreign country. Meanwhile, Popatlal falls in love with Koyal, and tries to impress and marry her. In the end, Popatlal remains single.
- Eid Celebration (episodes 435–436): The members of the society celebrate Eid with Abdul.
- Dahi Handi 2010 (episodes 437–444): Gokuldham's Dahi Handi event becomes a competition between the men and the women. After breaking Dahi handi, Daya falls and is injured.
- Ganesh Utsav 2010 (episodes 445–452): Gokuladham Sangeet Samrat event is organised on the occasion of Ganesh utsav.
- Babita & Iyer's marriage anniversary (episodes 461–471): Iyer buys a sports car for Babita on their wedding anniversary, but it proves to be defective. Inspector Chalu Pandey gives them a 72-hour deadline to prove their innocence and to catch the dealer. Jethalal poses as a Sheikh from Dubai who wants the car, and the dealer is trapped and arrested.
- Diwali 2010 (episodes 472–473):
- Chandiramani Flat Auction (episodes 474–481): Chandiramani sells his house. He wants to sell this house to both Jethalal and Sodhi. So he organizes an auction. Then Champaklal explains to everyone it's wrong to sell the house via auction, so Chandiramani reverses his decision.
- Ladies got credit cards (episodes 501–506):
- Society painting by Gokuldham members (episodes 507–510):
- New year 2011 (episodes 511–513):
- Society painting by Gokuldham members (episodes 514–521):
- Popatlal's Rishta (Baijanti) (episodes 541–550): When Popatlal goes to the hotel, he sees a woman named Baijanti. He secretly notes her mobile number but it was wrong and belongs to Babita. He often calls her.
- Mahashivratri (episodes 551–558): Popatlal visits a pandit who tells him to do a special pooja for Mahashivatri so that his marriage takes place. Although everyone is ready for the function Jethalal who had gone early to clear a payment eats Bhang and is uncontrollable.
- Bhide's 1 Crore Email Fraud (episodes 578–587): According to an email, Bhide discovers that he has won 1 crore, so he pays a deposit for the prize money. But there is no prize money, so Gokuldham society members help him to recover his money.
- Jetha's dadaji's photo (episodes 588–596): Jethalal's wallet is stolen which contains the last photo of his grandfather Jayantilal Gada
- Sodhi swallows glass (episodes 597–604): Sodhi believes he swallowed a piece of glass while drinking at a party and has to undergo an operation. In the end it's revealed it was actually ice.
- Bhide sells mangoes (episodes 605–614): Bhide starts a business of selling mangoes from his Bhau kaka in Ratnagiri, but the mangoes prove to be rotten, infuriating Jethalal.
- Tapu Sena's Hunger Strike (episodes 614–620):
- Ready (episodes 621–622): Salman Khan visits Gokuldham Society to promote Ready.
- Gokuldham Khel Mahotsav (episodes 623–637): Tapu Sena organises a sports and games event for the members of Gokuldham society.
- Chaddi Gang (episodes 638–646): Mistakenly, Jethalal is stuck in his own godown for the whole night. Later, a thief gang named Chaddi Gang enters the godown and tries to steal the electronic items from there. But, with the help of Gada family, the members of Chaddi Gang are arrested.
- Popatlal's surprise party (episodes 647–655):
- Bhide takes extra classes (episodes 655–658):
- Chaddi Gang continued (episodes 659–677): Court hearing of chaddi gang in which Daya agreed to be a witness against them.
- Janmashtami & Dahi Handi 2011 (episodes 678–681):
- Unknown Guest at Sodi's house (episodes 682–685):
- Ganesh Utsav 2011 (episode 686–695): Gokuldham has a fancy dress competition on the occasion of Ganesh utsav.
- Navratri Festival (Falguni Pathak) (episodes 707–718): Falguni Pathak comes to Gokuldham society on the occasion of Navratri.
- Iyer's interview in the newspaper (episodes 719–722): Iyer is excited as his interview is published in the newspaper.
- Babita and Iyer buy a fridge (episodes 723–725): Babita and Iyer decide to buy a new refrigerator, resulting in much confusion.
- Diwali 2011 (episodes 726–728): Gokuldham celebrates Diwali with the poor and unprivileged.
- Bhide and Taarak buy lottery tickets (episodes 729–732): Bhide and Taarak buy lottery tickets and hope to win.
- Bhide's new pair of glasses is broken (episodes 785–789): Bhide, as usual, blames Tapu for his broken glasses. Finally, Sonu accepts that it was her mistake.
- Jethalal In Pakistan (episodes 790–810): Jethalal takes the members of Gokuldham to Kutch and they enjoy the visit. But Jethalal is misguided due to a camel, and crosses the border into Pakistan. There, Jethalal is investigated by Karim Khan. The Gada family reaches Delhi for help. Jethalal's grandfather helped Karim Khan's grandfather during the 1947 partition, so Karim releases Jethalal and he safely returns to India.
- Popatlal, Señorita & Kalavati (episodes 811–818): Two different families simultaneously come to meet Popatlal for marriage meetings. One family is known to Daya and other is known to the Hathi family. With a plan, Popatlal tries to simultaneously meet both parties at different houses. But, the truth comes out and the both families reject Popatlal for hiding the truth.
- Society Renovation By Sundarlal (episodes 826–856): The renovation work of the society was given to Sunderlal.
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari (episodes 887–896): Sharman Joshi and Boman Irani visit Gokuldham to promote Ferrari Ki Sawaari.
- Raksha-bandhan (episodes 929–932): After Tapu protects a girl named Jiya in school, she ties him rakhi.
- Dahi Handi 2012 (episodes 933–941): A gangster hides a diamond inside Gokuldham's dahi handi.
- Eid 2012 (episodes 942–945): Because Abdul misses his family, Gokuldham invite them and grandly celebrate Eid.
- Jethalal and the passport (episodes 946–951): Jethlal is arrested after he takes the passport of a young boy who had hit jetha with his bike, but that boy is actually champaklal's friend's grandson.
- Barfi (episodes 952–963): Ranbir Kapoor visits Gokuldham society to promote Barfi.
- Ganesh Utsav 2012 (episodes 968–980) A Grand Antakshari event is organised on the occasion of Ganesh utsav.
- Sundar brings Chanya-choli (episodes 983–1000): Sundar starts a business of Chanya-choli on Navratri, which becomes headache for Jethalal. Later, he holds a yagna to get rid of Sundar.
- Gulabo & Jethalal (episodes 1025–1056): A girl from Matkunda, Gulabo, claims Jethalal as her husband showing their marriage certificate, video clips of marriage and marriage photographs as proof. But Jethalal says it was a film shooting scene. Society members with Gada family take Jethalal's side. After that Gulabo files a case in the court. But later she accepts that it was just a film shooting.
- Republic day 2013 (episodes 1057–1060): Members of Gokuldham society celebrate Republic day 2013.
- Tapu Sena's new smartphones (episodes 1061–1080): To fulfill a promise, Jethalal has to give a smartphone to Tapu. With Tapu, other members of Tapu Sena request smartphones from their parents. They misuse their new phones and are suspended from school. Later, Tapu Sena understand their mistakes and promise to not overuse the devices.
- Gokuldham gets notice (episodes 1187–1194): The Gokuldham members receive a notice from MAC associates. Later, Shahrukh Khan comes to promote Chennai Express.
- Independence Day 2013 (episodes 1203–1206): Couples sing patriotic songs and celebrate Independence Day.
- Raksha Bandhan in Ahmedabad (episodes 1207–1212): Daya and Jethalal travel to Ahmedabad to celebrate raksha bandhan with Sundarlal.
- Lord Krishna in Gokuldham (Dahihandi 2013) (episodes 1213–1218): On the occasion of Janmashtami, Lord Krishna himself arrives in Gokuldham and blesses everyone.
- Kaun Banega Murga (Ganpati Utsav 2013) (episodes 1227–1234): On the occasion of Ganpati Utsav, Tapu Sena organised Kaun Banega Murga program.
- Popatlal and Bulbul (episodes 1289–1308)
- Fitness Camp (episodes 1327–1341): The ladies organize a fitness camp in the society and Babita invites her friend Sofia to conduct it. But Jethalal suffers a painful sprain in his waist.
- Bhoothnath Returns (episodes 1382–1387): The society members experience paranormal activities in the society. Amitabh Bachchan visits Gokuldham society to promote Bhoothnath Returns.
- Adventure Park (episodes 1408–1419): Bhide gives a surprise to Tapu Sena – a visit to an adventure park.
- GPL 3 (episodes 1426–1445): Mehta hits a six on Tapu's ball which spills Jethalal's Jalebi Fafda. This results in GPL 3 with Jetha and Mehta being captains. Jethalal's team is named Jetha Ke Jaanbaaz while Mehta's team is named Mehta Ke Maharathi. Mehta's team has fit players, Jethalal's team besides Daya, Iyer and Dr. Hathi is weaker. Jethalal's team eventually wins the match while everyone eats Jalebi Fafda after the final ends.
- Hongkong-Disneyland trip (episodes 1465–1478): The members of Gokuldham society win a trip to Hongkong-Disneyland in Tapu Sena's lottery.
- Ganesh Utsav 2014 (episodes 1489–1499): Members of Gokuladham society celebrate Ganesh utsav.
- Bhide's surprise treat (1500 episodes celebration) (episodes 1500–1507): Bhide arranges a surprise and takes everyone out for a day.
- Swachh bharat abhiyaan (episodes 1518–1524): The ladies have their husbands help them to clean the society as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Diwali 2014 (episodes 1525–1532): The team of Happy New Year visit Gokuldham to promote their film and celebrate diwali.
- Popatlal purchases new mobile (episodes 1533–1541): Popatlal buys a new phone from Jethalal's shop to replace his damaged old phone. But his nitpicking while shopping annoys Jethalal, so he plays a prank using Popatlal's phone.
- Kathiawadi food (episodes 1566–1572): Daya promises to cook royal Kathiawadi food, but there is a delay, infuriating Jetha.
- Champaklal is drunk (New year 2015) (episodes 1573–1585): The gents decide to secretly drink amidst the new year party, but Champaklal gets drunk.
- Bhide has 1 lakh (episodes 1586–1597):
- Winter Party (episodes 1599–1608): The ladies of Gokuldham society celebrate a winter party.
- Hey Bro (Episode 1609): Ganesh Acharya visits Gokuldham to promote his film Hey Bro.
- Bawri brings luck to Gada Electronics (episodes 1624–1629): Jethalal is upset due to his business not running well, this Bawri brings customers to Gada Electronics from another electronics store. From that, Jethalal thinks that luck has improved due to Bawri. Then the owner of another electronics shop calls Jethalal and tells him everything. Later Jethalal apologizes to everyone for this incident.
- Tapu Sena's SSC result and college admission (episodes 1686–1723): Tapu Sena gets a good result in SSC boards, but struggles to be admitted to MK Gandhi college. I.M. Khare is a corrupt trustee and the Gokuldham members expose him.
- Interior renovation (episodes 1758–1808): Due to rising problems in their flats, the Gokuldham members decide to renovate their interiors and face many hurdles.
- The gold biscuit briefcase (episodes 1868–1888): While going to collect payment, Bhide saves a man Dhanraj from accident.
- Champaklal infuriated with Jethalal (episodes 1889–1902):
- Iyer-Babita Divorce (episodes 1909–1934): A miscommunication over mobile creates confusion between Iyer and Babita, eventually leading to divorce.
- Madhavi starts business by selling mangoes (episodes 1937–1943):
- Mission Trin-Trin (episodes 1967–1981):
- Rakshabandhan 2016 (episodes 2004–2006):
- 10 crore saree fiasco (episodes 2007–2022): Daya and the other ladies of Gokuldham wish to wear a 10-crore saree they saw in a diamond exhibition. They request Jethalal to arrange it for one day. Jethalal arranges a duplicate saree for them. Later, he and Taarak are arrested when the real saree is stolen on the same day. But the main thief of the saree turns out to be the owner of the 10-crore saree's wife.
- Ganesh Utsav 2016 (episodes 2023–2030): Members of Gokuldham society celebrate Ganesh utsav.
- Sarfira Manherlal (episodes 2096–2103):
- Goa trip (episodes 2235–2246): Tapu Sena arranges to visit Goa with Society members.
- Ganesh Utsav 2017 (episodes 2283–2290): Gokuldham society celebrates the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Mystery of Pinku's parents (episodes 2384–2415): The residents of Gokuldham society come to know that Pinku's parents work in a secret government agency after many twists and turns.
- Senorika island (episodes 2493–2511): Champaklal dreams that his son is involved in a 300-crore bank-loan scam and has escaped to an island country called Senorika island. However, even after he wakes up, he fears that his dream would come true. Later, Jethalal returns and Champaklal is relieved.
- Darawani Dulhan (episodes 2520–2549):
- Ganesh Utsav 2018 (episodes 2550–2565): Due to heavy rains on the day of Ganpati Utsav, it is not possible to bring the idol. When Hathi realizes this, he brings the idol in torrential rain.
- Gada electronics on sale (episodes 2605–2632): Nattu and Bagha sell Gada electronics to Soorma Bhai without Jethalal's consent.
- Statue of Unity (episodes 2644–2649): The residents of Gokuldham visit the world's tallest statue, the Statue of Unity in Narmada, Gujarat.
- Singapore trip (episodes 2693–2708): Asit Kumar Modi arranges a Singapore trip for Gokuldham members to make depressed Popatlal happy.
- Ganesh Utsav 2019 (episodes 2812–2824): The members of Gokuldham society celebrate Ganesh utsav.
- Holi 2020 (episodes 2942–2946):
- Jethlal's Weird Dreams (episodes 2954–2981):
- Ganpati Utsav 2020 (episodes 2982–2996): The members of the society celebrate Ganesh Utsav during the COVID-19 pandemic following all safety measures.
- Popatlal loses job (episodes 3035–3050): Due to coronavirus pandemic and lockdown, Popatlal's newspaper agency Toofan Express shuts down and he becomes unemployed. He tries for different jobs but fails each time. In the end Popatlal gets his job back.
- Tapu Sena's Pizza Party (episodes 3051–3058): Tapu Sena plans to order pizza from a restaurant without anyone knowing. They buy the food with the help of Abdul and eat it at Taarak Mehta's house. Anjali is surprised to find the pizza boxes at home and accuses Taarak of eating without her knowledge, but Dr. Hathi discovers the truth.
- Jethalal's 50 Lakh Scam by Bhogilal (episodes 3094–3123)
- Bhide's Online Classes Trouble (episodes 3124–3125, 3152–3157)
- Babita & Iyer's Dating Anniversary (episodes 3126–3133)
- Pooja & Popatlal (episodes 3134–3147)
- Asit Modi's Surprise (episodes 3148–3150)
- Popatlal on Mission Kala Kauva (episodes 3158–3193): Popatlal and his co-worker Bharti expose a gang which black-marketed Covid drugs, oxygen cylinders and COVID-19 vaccines during the second wave. They reach Rang Tarang resort and are assisted by Dr. Hathi, Jethalal, Bagha and Champaklal.
- Gokuldham at Rang Tarang Resort (episodes 3194–3221)
- Tribute to Late Actor Dilip Kumar (episodes 3222–3224)
- Theft at Gada Electronics (episodes 3225–3232)
- Vaccination on Gokuldam Society (episodes 3233–3246)
- Ganesh Utsav 2021 (episodes 3248–3264)
- Tapu Sena lost 35,000 self check
Production and promotion
The shooting happens in film city, Mumbai. Some parts of the show have also been shot for that time storyline in places such as Gujarat, New Delhi, Goa and in overseas locations such as London, Brussels, Paris, Hong Kong and Singapore.
On it completing 1000 episodes on 6 November 2012, Asit Kumarr Modi revealed that it took eight years to get this show on air. Further, he said, "Originally, it was a column in a Gujarati magazine, and I bought its rights in 2001. I approached every channel, but the trend of daily soaps had just started, and saas-bahu shows dominated the scene. Whoever I approached said there was no scope for comedy every day. But I had a feeling that one day comedies, too, would become a daily trend. Finally, in 2008, Taarak Mehta... came on air."
The show completed 3000 episodes on 24 September 2020.
In the first week of 2017, the show stood in the fourth position with 6,004 TVT ratings. In the fourth week, the show entered the top five and stood in the fifth position with 6,059 TVT ratings. In March 2017, the show remained within the top five shows urban rural metrics. In the 25th week of 2017, the show stood at the top spot with 6,092 TVT ratings. In the 26th week of 2017, the show stood at third spot with 6,049 TVT ratings. It is the longest-running scripted show on Indian television. In the 1st week of 2018, the show topped the chart with 6961 TVT ratings.[better source needed] In the 42nd week of 2019, the show stood at the first position with 7952 TVT ratings. In week 29 of 2020, the show emerged as number one show post COVID-19 lockdown with 6477 TVT ratings.
Crossovers and special episodes
In 2010 the cast of Khichdi made a special appearance to promote their film Khichdi: The Movie. Also in 2010, Indira Krishnan appeared as Krishnaben to promote her show Krishnaben Khakhrawala.
|2008||Best Actress-Comedy||Disha Vakani|
|Best Serial–Comedy||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2012||Best Actor-Comedy||Dilip Joshi|
|2013||The ITA Scroll Of Honour||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2014||Best Actor-Comedy||Dilip Joshi|
|Best Actress-Comedy||Disha Vakani|
|2015||Best Show – Comedy||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2016||Best Serial- Comedy||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2009||Best Actor in a Comic Role (Male)||Dilip Joshi|
|Best Actor in a Comic Role (Female)||Disha Vakani|
|Best Sitcom||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|Best Sitcom Writer||Raju Odedra and Rajan Upadhyay|
|2010||Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Male)||Dilip Joshi|
|Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Female)||Disha Vakani|
|Most Popular Child Artist (Male)||Bhavya Gandhi|
|Best Sitcom||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|Best Sitcom Writer||Raju Odedra and Rajan Upadhyay|
|2012||Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role (Male)||Dilip Joshi|
|Best Actress in a Comic Role (Jury)||Disha Vakani|
|Best Sitcom||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2013||Actress in a Comic Role (Jury)||Disha Vakani|
|Best Director (Sitcom)||Harshad Joshi and Malav Rajda|
|Most Popular Actor in a Comic Role||Dilip Joshi|
|Best Sitcom / Comedy Program||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|2019||Best Actor in a Comic Role||Dilip Joshi|
|Best Sitcom / Comedy Program||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
|Best Ensemble Fiction||Sony SAB|
|2011||Best Actor in a Drama Series||Dilip Joshi|
|2013||Best Comedy Series||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: A Special Brand Of Humour". 12 September 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Munmun Dutta opens up about the controversy surrounding Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; comes out in support of Gurcharan Singh (Sodhi)". Mumbai Mirror. 18 September 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Guinness World Record for the longest-running sitcom on TV (by episode count)". Guinness World Records. 24 September 2020. Retrieved 4 October 2021.
- Jethalal and Daya's son and leader of his friends' circle, Tapu Sena. "Raj Anadkat is new Tappu on Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, will play a college student". 4 March 2017.
- "Exclusive - Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Sunayana Fozdar replaces Neha Mehta in the show; the actress to play Taarak's wife". Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- "Bhide's daughter replaced – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma: Palak Sidhwani is the new Sonu after Nidhi Bhanushali's exit". Hindustan Times. 24 August 2019.
- "Confirmed: Nirmal Soni is new Dr Haathi in Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2018.
- "Kavi Kumar Azad passes away: Actors engage in drastic weight loss or gain for roles, but at what cost? - Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 10 July 2018.
- "Kritika Kamra will anchor MTV Webbed". 2 April 2014.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: रोशन सिंह सोढ़ी ने छोड़ा शो, इस एक्टर की हुई शो में एंट्री". जनसत्ता. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- "Jennifer Mistry Basiwal: I never wanted Dilkhush to get replaced – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi remembers late actors Ghanashyam Nayak and Arvind Trivedi, says 'We have lost two talented actors who won the hearts of people' | TV - Times of India Videos". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 6 October 2021.
- Bureau, ABP News. "Confirmed! Rakesh Bedi Joins Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; To Play Taarak's Boss Role". ABP Live. Retrieved 18 August 2020.
- "Happy Birthday Surbhi Chandna: From playing a cameo in Taarak Mehta to a lead in Ishqbaaz; a look at lesser-known facts about her". The Times of India. 11 September 2019.
- Desk, India com Entertainment (21 May 2020). "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Surbhi Chandna, Mahira Sharma And Other Actors Who Made Special Appearance in Show". India News, Breaking News, Entertainment News | India.com. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Episode 353". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 12 July 2020.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Episode 454 – Full Episode, retrieved 1 June 2020
- "Daya gets kidnapped in Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah". Filmibeat. 28 July 2011.
- "Disha Wakani impresses Saroj Khan". Zee News. 4 April 2012.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Full Episode 893 – 4th January, 2018, retrieved 1 June 2020
- "Photos: 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' actress Khushboo Tawde gets engaged". mid-day. 3 May 2017.
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Episode 1263 – 1st November 2013, retrieved 12 June 2020
- "Simple Kaul in Taarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma – Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com.
- "CID & Tarak Mehta Ka Oolta Chashma to have a Mahasangram episode – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 June 2020.
- "Big B creates history on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah". The Times of India. 4 April 2014. Archived from the original on 7 February 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- MumbaiJanuary 30, IANS; January 30, 2014UPDATED; Ist, 2014 13:02. "Nigaar Khan to enter Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Manglik, Reshu (19 April 2019). "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Tanya Gupta gets married, hits the pub right after wedding. Watch video". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 12 July 2020.
- "TV actor Pratish Vora's two-year-old daughter dies in a freak accident | TV – Times of India Videos". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "Ganesh Acharya promotes Hey Bro - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 April 2021.
- Deepika Padukone calls Daya, retrieved 1 June 2020
- "#FlashbackFriday: Atisha Naik shares an unseen picture from the sets of Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 July 2020.
- "Bigg Boss 13's Mahira Sharma's transformation will leave you amazed". The Live Mirror. 6 October 2019. Retrieved 14 April 2020.
- Gokuldham members stunned to see Shahrukh Khan, retrieved 31 May 2020
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Episode 621, retrieved 3 June 2020
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah – Ep 2635 – Full Episode – 1st January, 2019, retrieved 1 June 2020
- "Ajay Devgan promotes 'All The Best'". YouTube. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "StarGaze: 'Bol Bachchan' stars meet Tarak Mehta & more". News18. 29 June 2012.
- "Taarak Mehta... completes 1,000 episodes". Hindustan Times. 24 October 2012.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Ajay celebrates Diwali with the team TMKOC-3 | Ajay Devgn, Disha Vakani, Dilip Joshi Images – Bollywood Hungama".
- "Ajay Devgn and Team of Golmaal Again on 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Tapu Sena entertains Kajol and Ajay Devgn with a dazzling dance performance". mid-day. 1 January 2020.
- "Exclusive – Ishqbaaz fame Navina Bole returns to TV with Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, calls the show 'clean and entertaining' – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- "Ranbir Kapoor on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Big B creates history on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah". The Times of India. 4 April 2014. Archived from the original on 7 February 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "The secret sauce behind SAB's 2,000 episode strong Taarak Mehta". Indian Television dot com.
- Jambhekar, Shruti (23 October 2018). "Gujarat comes alive on TV". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah's team gets mobbed by fans in Singapore; see pics – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah fame Munmun Dutta shares unseen pics as show completes 11 years – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah reaches Disneyland! – Times of India". The Times of India.
- Awaasthi, Kavita (24 October 2012). "Taarak Mehta... completes 1,000 episodes". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "It took me eight years to get Taarak Mehta.. on air: Asit Kumarr Modi - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Taarak Mehta's team brings Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan to the red carpet – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "'Govt could've handled the matter differently': 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' producer on shoot ban". Free Press Journal.
- Bhasin, Shriya (14 July 2020). "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Good news for fans as new episode to go air on THIS date". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 19 July 2020.
- "'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah' to soon air its 3000th episode, fans congratulate team". Republic World.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah is all set to entertain audience in Telugu - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 February 2021.
- "Exclusive: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah to be launched in Marathi as Gokuldhamchi Duniyadari; watch promo – Times of India". The Times of India.
- "TV audience measurement data collection – BARC India". www.barcindia.co.in.
- "Most watched Indian television shows: Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah tops TRP chart". The Indian Express. 31 July 2020. Retrieved 2 August 2020.
- "Poland's Deputy Prime Minister Visits' Taarak Mehta…' set". 20 February 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- Wire, Sampurn (27 September 2010). "Khichdi team on the sets of Tarak Mehta." filmibeat.com.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah - Episode 486 - Full Episode" – via www.youtube.com.
- "A tribute to Rajesh Khanna on Taarak Mehta..." The Times of India. 27 July 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "'Taarak Mehta Kka Chhota Chashmah' cartoon release date: Here is all you need to know". Republic World.
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". IndianTelevisionAcademy.com. Archived from the original on 21 April 2013. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". IndianTelevisionAcademy.com. Archived from the original on 9 September 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". IndianTelevisionAcademy.com. Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 September 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 November 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "IndianTelevisionAcademy.com". IndianTelevisionAcademy.com. Archived from the original on 7 November 2014.
- "The Ninth Indian Telly Awards > Winners". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Archived from the original on 14 June 2019.
- "The Tenth Indian Telly Awards". Tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Archived from the original on 18 June 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Indian Telly Awards 2016 – Index". tellyawards.indiantelevision.com. Archived from the original on 5 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.|