Sergey Danilin (1 January 1960 – 4 October 2021) was a Soviet luger who competed from the early 1980s to the mid-1990s. Competing in four Winter Olympics, he earned the silver medal in the men's singles event at Sarajevo in 1984.
|Representing Soviet Union|
|1984 Sarajevo||Men's singles|
|1981 Hammarstrand||Men's singles|
|1983 Lake Placid||Men's singles|
|1987 Igls||Men's singles|
|1989 Winterberg||Mixed team|
|1990 Calgary||Mixed team|
|1986 Hammarstrand||Men's singles|
|1982 Winterberg||Men's singles|
Danilin also won a complete set of medals in the men's singles event at the FIL World Luge Championships with a gold in 1981, a silver in 1983, and a bronze in 1987. He also won a pair of bronze medals in the mixed team event (1989, 1990). He also won two medals in the men's singles event at the FIL European Luge Championships with a gold in 1986 and a silver in 1982. His best finish in the overall men's singles Luge World Cup was second twice (1981-2, 1982-3).
Danilin married fellow Soviet luger Nadejda Danilina in 1986.
Danilin died on 4 October 2021, at the age of 61.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Sergey Danilin". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 3 December 2016.
- 1988 luge men's singles results
- 1992 luge men's singles results
- 1994 luge men's singles results
- DatabaseOlympics.com profile on Danilin.
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Men's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skeleton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (in German)
- List of men's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
- New York Times November 16, 1987 article featuring Danilin
- Sergey Danilin at the International Olympic Committee
- Sergey Danilin at Olympics.com
- Sergey Danilin at Olympedia