|Notable credit||The New York Times|
|Title||Ms. Sarah Lyall|
|Children||Alice and Isobel McCrum|
Raised in New York City, Lyall attended the Chapin School and is a graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy, class of 1981 and of Yale University. Lyall married the author and journalist Robert McCrum in 1995.
- "Alumnae authors who signed books at the 2009 book fair: Sara Lyall, '81, The Anglo Files". Chapin. chapin.edu. Accessed 29 April 2017.
- "Truths About Journalism and Humanity." Phillips Exeter Academy Lion's Eye, 8 May 2007. Accessed 9 May 2007.
- "WEDDINGS; Sarah L. Lyall, Robert McCrum." The New York Times, 14 May 1995.
- Seb Patrick "New York Times London Correspondent Offers American View on the U.K.", BBC America, 17 August 2013
- Susannah Butter and Sarah Lyall "'Sometimes I felt loud and gauche, like a guest who shows up at a memorial service wearing a Hawaiian shirt': the thoughts of a New York Times correspondent on leaving London", London Evening Standard, 23 August 2013
- Lyall, Sarah (27 November 2017). "Face Blindness: Sarah Lyall on a Curious Condition". Five Dials. Retrieved 31 August 2019.
- Recent and archived news articles by Sarah Lyall of The New York Times
-  Jonathan Raban review of Lyall's The Anglo Files: A Field Guide to the British from The New York Review of Books