Ruslan Zakharov (born 1998)
|Born||9 October 1998|
|Died||11 October 2021 (aged 23)|
Zakharov represented his nation at international competitions. As a junior he participated at the World Junior Speed Skating Championships, winning the bronze medal at the 2017 World Junior Speed Skating Championships in the 500 metres event and another bronze medal at the 2018 World Junior Speed Skating Championships in the team sprint event. He won the overall 2017–18 ISU Junior World Cup Speed Skating in the 500 metres distance. He made his ISU Speed Skating World Cup debut during the 2018–19 ISU Speed Skating World Cup season.
Between 2016 and 2019 he had nine starts at national championships. He won silver medals at the 2019 Russian Single Distance Championships in the mass start event and the team sprint event and the bronze medal in the 500 metres event.
|Men's speed skating|
|500 m||35.09||02.03.2018||Salt Lake City|
|1000 m||1.09,55||10.03.2018||Salt Lake City|
- "SpeedSkatingStats.com". speedskatingstats.com. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Competition results, statistics and records; SpeedSkatingNews". www.speedskatingnews.info. Retrieved 3 April 2020.
- "Russian speed skater who medalled at Junior World Championships dies age 23". www.insidethegames.biz. 11 October 2021.
- "Russische sprinter overlijdt na verkeersongeval". Schaatsen.nl.
- "Skaters: Ruslan Zakharov". www.speedskatingbase.eu. Retrieved 15 April 2020.