Qila (translation: Fort) is a 1998 Bollywood Hindi language drama film directed by Umesh Mehra and starring Dilip Kumar (playing a dual role), Rekha, Mukul Dev, Mamta Kulkarni, Smita Jaykar and Gulshan Grover. This film marked the final film appearance of veteran actor Dilip Kumar before his death on 7 July 2021. Qila was initially scheduled to be shot in a three-day period.
|Directed by||Umesh Mehra|
|Written by||Humayun Mirza|
|Produced by||Parvesh Mehra|
|Edited by||Kamal Sehgal|
|Music by||Anand Raj Anand (songs)|
Raju Singh (score)
|Distributed by||Eagle Films|
|10 April 1998|
A cruel and evil landowner Jagannath Singh is murdered and his twin brother Amarnath Singh decides to investigate. He finds the list of suspects is endless. The prime suspects are Jagannath's son Amar, Jagannath's abused wife Suman and a woman named Yamini who claims she was raped by Jagannath. Eventually, Jagannath's son Amar confesses to killing his father. He reveals that on the night of his father's death he accidentally shot him while trying to fight him off when Jagannath held Amar and his mother at gunpoint. Soon after the list of suspects grow after it is discovered that Jagannath's had many more enemies who could have killed him including landowner Mangal Singh and even Jagannath's own brother Amarnath who doesn't seem to have got on well with Jagannath himself in the past. Yamini killed Jagannath for his wrongdoings to her brother.
- Dilip Kumar as Jagannath Singh/Judge Amarnath Singh (Dual Role)
- Rekha as Yamini
- Mukul Dev as Amar J. Singh
- Mamta Kulkarni as Neeta
- Smita Jaykar as Suman J. Singh
- Gulshan Grover as Mangal Singh
- Pramod Moutho as Prosecuting Attorney
- Rajeshwari Sachdev as Laajo
- Malay Chakrabarty as Kundan
- Avtar Gill as Inspector Khan
- Satish Kaushik as Ghanya Seth
- Shahbaz Khan as Inspector Rana
- Kunika as Neelam Daniel
- Master Sahil Chheda as Child Artist Raja
All songs are composed by Anand Raj Anand with lyrics by Dev Kohli.
|1.||"Layi Hai Mehndi Wali Raat"||Mohammed Aziz, Nayan Rathod, Sadhana Sargam, Preeti Uttam Singh||04:17|
|2.||"Prem Hai Radha Prem Hai Mera"||Sadhana Sargam||05:39|
|3.||"Wah Bhai Wah"||Udit Narayan, Poornima Shrestha||05:24|
|4.||"Ankhiya Ye Ankhiya"||Asha Bhosle, Udit Narayan||05:29|
|5.||"Kurte Ki Banhiya"||Amit Kumar, Udit Narayan, Preeti Uttam Singh||05:03|
|6.||"Tere Bin O Dilbar"||Alka Yagnik||05:25|
- Panchal, Komal RJ (7 July 2021). "Dilip Kumar's Qila director remembers how actor would refuse to share favourite fruit: 'A child-like quality about him'". The Indian Express. Retrieved 14 July 2021.