Oleg Viktorovich Seleznyov (Russian: Олег Викторович Селезнёв, 22 July 1959 – 6 October 2021) was a Russian politician. He served as the member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly as the representative for the executive authority of Adygea from 2017 until his death.
|Senator from Adygea|
10 September 2017 – 6 October 2021
|Preceded by||Vyacheslav Shverikas|
|Born||22 July 1959|
|Died||6 October 2021 (aged 62)|
|Alma mater||Novocherkassk Higher Military Command School of Communications|
|Awards||Order of Military Merit|
Order of the Red Star
Seleznyov was born on 22 July 1959. He studied at the Novocherkassk Higher Military Command School of Communications , graduating in 1980 as an officer with a higher military special education, with a specialisation as a radio communications engineer. Over the course of his service in the Soviet, and later Russian Armed Forces, he was awarded the Order of the Red Star in 1987, and the Order of Military Merit in 1999. He saw service with KGB and the Federal Security Service (FSB), rising to the rank of major general. He served for a time as first deputy head of the FSB department in Krasnodar Krai, and in 2009 became head of the FSB department in Adygea. He held this post until July 2017.
On 10 September 2017, Head of the Republic of Adygea Murat Kumpilov appointed Seleznyov as a member of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly, serving as the representative for the executive authority of Adygea. Seleznyov sat on the council's international affairs committee during his tenure.
Seleznyov died in hospital in Krasnodar on 6 October 2021, while undergoing treatment for COVID-19, at the age of 62. His death was announced by the head of the Federation Council's committee on regulations, Vyacheslav Timchenko. Chairwoman of the Federation Council Valentina Matviyenko sent a telegram of condolence to Murat Kumpilov, stating Seleznyov was "a responsible and principled politician who devoted his whole life to serving the Fatherland."
- "Селезнев Олег Викторович" (in Russian). Federation Council. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- Perova, Anna (6 October 2021). "В Краснодаре умер сенатор от Адыгеи Олег Селезнев" (in Russian). Kommersant. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- "Сенатором от Адыгеи назначен бывший начальник УФСБ Олег Селезнев" (in Russian). kubnews.ru. 11 September 2017. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- "Селезнев Олег Викторович" (in Russian). deputatrf.ru. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- "Сенатор Селезнев скончался от COVID-19" (in Russian). Vesti. 6 October 2021. Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- Goncharuk, Dmitry (6 October 2021). "Умер сенатор от Адыгеи Олег Селезнев" (in Russian). Rossiskaya Gazeta. Retrieved 8 October 2021.