Henryd Myrddin Jones known professionally as Mei Jones (1953–2021) was a Welsh actor and writer. He was best known for his part as Wali Thomas in the Welsh language sitcom C'mon Midffild! which he also co-wrote.
As a child he was a talented footballer and was admitted to a Welsh under-18 squad while still a school pupil. He played for teams in Beaumaris, Amlwch, Bangor and was a goalkeeper for Llanrug. He played for the Pontrhydfendigaid football club during his college days in Aberystwyth.
He was also one of the Jones's who broke the world record for collecting the largest number of people sharing the same surname at the Millennium Centre in 2006, being one of the 1,224 Jones who took part, in the event known as 'Jones Jones Jones'.
Jones and fellow C'Mon Midffild! cast-member, Bryn Fôn were detained in 1990 along with 2 other people following the investigation into the campaign of holiday home fires set by the Welsh nationalist movement the Sons of Glyndŵr. No charges were brought against the four.
- "Mei Jones yr actor a chyd-awdur 'C'mon Midffîld' wedi marw". Newyddion (in Welsh). Retrieved 6 November 2021.
- "Yr awdur a'r actor Mei Jones wedi marw yn 68 oed". BBC Cymru Fyw (in Welsh). 5 November 2021. Retrieved 6 November 2021.
- "Trafod tictacs gyda Wali; Caron Wyn Edwards fu'n sgwrsio a Mei Jones, awdur y ffilm Nadolig, C'mon Midffild a Rasbrijam, a'r actor sy'n chwarae Wali. - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- "Clwb pêl-droed yn dathlu 60". 11 June 2007. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- "1993 Cymru Drama Series/Serial | BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- Post, North Wales Daily (9 December 2004). "25 years later... why have we still not caught the cottage burners?". northwales. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
- "Statewatch bulletin, Vol 3 no 2 March-April 1993" (PDF). statewatch.org. April 1993.