Marietta Omarovna Chudakova (Russian: Мариэтта Омаровна Чудакова; 2 January 1937 – 21 November 2021) was a Soviet and Russian literary critic, historian, and doctor of philological sciences, writer, memoirist, public figure. She was the chairman of the All-Russian Bulgakov Foundation.
|Born||2 January 1937|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Died||21 November 2021 (aged 84)|
|Notable awards||Moscow Komsomol Prize (1969)|
Chudakova was the fourth child in her family. Her father was Omar Kurbanovich Khan-Magomedov, an engineer and a native of Dagestan. Her mother was Klavdia Vasilyevna Makhova, a preschool teacher.
Chudakova graduated from Moscow School No. 367, then in 1959, the Faculty of Philology of Moscow State University. Her first works were published in 1958. From 1959 to 1961, she taught Russian language and literature in a Moscow school. In 1964, after completing graduate school, she defended her thesis for the degree of Candidate of Philology.
In 2007, she was included in the first three candidates of the party Union of Right Forces in the elections to the State Duma. The Union of Right Forces did not overcome the 5% barrier, receiving less than 1% of the votes. According to Chudakova, she was engaged in politics that year, because too few people take an active political position.
In April 2010, she signed an appeal by the Russian opposition Putin Must Go.
She was the chairman of the All-Russian Bulgakov Foundation.
- "Русский Букер десятилетия присуждён посмертно" (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2 December 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "Чудакова, Мариэтта Литературовед, публицист, общественный деятель". lenta.ru.
- "Мариэтта Чудакова | Авторы | Научно-культурологический журнал". www.relga.ru. no-break space character in
|title=at position 32 (help)
- "Чудакова Мариэтта Омаровна - Биография". www.biografija.ru.
- "Президент и интеллигенция". www.ng.ru.
- "На всех парах через болото". www.ng.ru.
- "Съезд СПС утвердил федеральную "тройку"". lenta.ru.
- "От нас ничего не зависит?". Archived from the original on 28 November 2007. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- Не прогибаться. Не поддаваться лжи (in Russian). Echo of Moscow. 14 March 2014
- "Умерла историк литературы Мариэтта Чудакова". Meduza.