Maasilamani is a 2009 Indian Tamil-language action comedy film directed by R. N. R. Manohar and distributed by Sun Pictures. It stars Nakul and Sunaina in the lead roles and in their second collaboration after Kadhalil Vizhunthen, while Pawan, Santhanam, Karunas, Srinath, and M. S. Baskar, among others, play supporting roles. The music was composed by D. Imman, while editing was done by Manoj. The movie was released on 19 June 2009.
|Directed by||R. N. R. Manohar|
|Produced by||Kalpathi S.Aghoram |
M. S. Baskar
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Distributed by||Sun Pictures|
|Box office||₹1.91 crore|
Maasilamani aka Maasi (Nakul) is an orphan living in a lower-middle-class colony. With a heart of gold, he is a popular guy who takes up local issues, fights for them, and is considered rowdy by those who do not know him. Enters the heroine Divya (Sunaina), a rich upper-middle-class girl who is a dance instructor and with whom Maasi falls in love at first sight. However, Divya shows aversion to his rowdyism and gets offended by his proposal. Maasi attempts to win her family by being a good person and dons another name, Mani. All are aware that Mani and Maasi are one person except Divya. When Divya finds out the truth, she gets into a dilemma as to whom she has to choose. Bhoopathy (Pawan), the local corrupt inspector who is also behind Divya, is determined to flop Maasi’s plans and prove that Mani is none other than Maasi. How Mani wins over Divya serves the climax of the movie.
- Nakul as Maasilamani, a well-known do-gooder who falls in love with Divya.
- Sunaina as Divya Ramanathan, a dancer who abhors Maasi's aggressive ways.
- Pawan as Inspector Boopathy, a new police inspector who wants to marry Divya but hates Maasi.
- Santhanam as Pazhani, Maasi's friend.
- Srinath as Kathir, Maasi's friend.
- M. S. Bhaskar as 'Coma' Ramaswamy
- Delhi Ganesh as Divya's father
- Meera Krishnan as Divya's mother
- Santhana Bharathi as Councillor
- Manobala as Advocate
- Raj Kapoor as Kanthuvatti
- T. K. Kala
- Rajendranath as Police Inspector
- KVM Kannan
- Tatineni Rajeshwari
- V. Mahadevan
The first photo of the film was released on January 8, 2009. Marketing was led by a team from India. The promotional activity led to the success of the movie and it was appreciated by Marimuthu in the event E Entrepreneurship Workshop at Kamalam College of Arts and Science. Manohar, the writer of the movie, felicitated the event.
|Maasilamani:The Official Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||on 24 Januari 2009|
|D. Imman chronology|
|1||"Chikku Chikku Boom Boom"||Keerthi Sagathia, Feji, Baby Harini||Viveka|
|2||"Dora Dora"||Balram, Chinmayi Kalyani||P. Vijay|
|3||"Nacka Romba Nacka"||Benny Dayal, Rita||Na. Muthukumar|
|4||"O Divya O Divya"||Shaan||P. Vijay|
|5||"Odi Odi Vilayada"||Mukesh, SuVi, Emcee Jesz||Na. Muthukumar, Emcee Jesz|
Behindwoods wrote "Masilamani gives you an instant hangover of having watched too many movies over a very short period of time. The script feels like a medley-mash of movies released over the past decade. And it wouldn’t be possible for us to name each of them since the list runs to pages." Indiaglitz wrote "As said old wine in a new bottle, SUN Pictures' 'Masilamani' definitely adheres to this quote. The movie reflects a mix of several masala flicks with a dash of refinement."
Maasilamani was a commercial success at the box office grossing $2 million.
- "Masilamani Cast & Crew, Masilamani Tamil Movie Cast, Actor, Actress, Director".
- Logesh, Kumar. "E Entrepreneurship Workshop – 2015". INFOZUB. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Masilamani review. Masilamani Tamil movie review, story, rating".
- "Masilamani — Tamil Top Ten Movies". Behindwoods.com. 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2015.