La macchinazione (The Plot) is a 2016 Italian biographical drama film directed by David Grieco, starring Massimo Ranieri and based on the last hours of Pier Paolo Pasolini's life before his murder.
|Directed by||David Grieco|
|Screenplay by||Guido Bulla|
|Produced by||Marina Alessandra Marzotto|
|Edited by||Francesco Bilotti|
|Music by||Roger Waters|
Ranieri, who portrays Pasolini, met the poet when he was young and Pasolini himself was very surprised by the physical similarity between the two of them.
In the summer of 1975, the writer and film director Pier Paolo Pasolini is completing his latest film Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom, and has started writing a political essay, Petrolio (Oil). Meanwhile, he begins a dalliance with the young Giuseppe 'Pino' Pelosi, a rent boy with a criminal record. According to the film, the youngster and his accomplices steal some reels of Pasolini's latest film, which they offer to return in exchange for a large ransom. This is a trap, which leads to the director's brutal murder on 2 November 1975.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- Nastro d'Argento Awards (2016)
- "Massimo Ranieri è Pier Paolo Pasolini: "Un grande intellettuale, capace di tenerezza"". La Repubblica. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Pier Paolo Pasolini: "La Macchinazione", film di David Grieco, chiede la verità sulla morte del poeta". HuffPost. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Massimo Ranieri: Pasolini sono io". IO Donna. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
- "Pier Paolo Pasolini e il mistero di 'Petrolio' nel film 'La macchinazione' di David Grieco". L'Espresso. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 3 August 2019.