Kobbari Matta (transl. Coconut frond) is a 2019 Indian Telugu-language spoof action comedy film directed by Rupak Ronaldson and written by Steven Shankar. It stars Sampoornesh Babu portraying roles of three generations- Paparayudu, Pedarayudu, and Androyudu.
|Directed by||Rupak Ronaldson|
|Written by||Steven Shankar|
|Produced by||Sai Rajesh Neelam|
|Edited by||Karthika Srinivas|
The film was released theatrically on 10 August 2019.
|1.||"A Aa Ee E"||Rahul Sipligunj, Lipsika|
|2.||"Kobbari Aakulu"||Vinayak Satheesh|
|3.||"Sambo Shiva Samboo"||Saaketh Kommandoori|
|4.||"Android"||L. V. Revanth, Mohana Bhogaraju|
Hemanth Kumar of Firstpost rated the film 3/5 and stated: "Kobbari Matta is not only consistently absurd and over the top, but also, it’s an excuse to laugh at ourselves and the cliches prevalent in Telugu cinema." On performances, The Hindu Y. Sunitha Chowdhary opined: "Sampoornesh gets enough dances to show his talent and it is evident he has worked hard to shed his potbelly. Mahesh Katti shines as Kaamudu." A reviewer from Cinema Express also rated the film 3/5 and wrote, "This isn’t a film that takes itself too seriously but is meant to be ridiculous and some more."
- "Kobbari Matta progressing briskly". Times of India. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Sampoo does it again with triple role in Kobbari Matta". Deccan Chronicle. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Tollywood actor Sampoornesh Babu creates record with 'Kobbari Matta' teaser". dnaindia.com. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- "Kobbari Matta movie review: Sampoornesh Babu's spoof of family dramas is a laugh riot". Firstpost. 10 August 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (10 August 2019). "'Kobbari Matta' review: A good, time-pass entertainer". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 30 March 2021.
- "Kobbari Matta Movie Review: A film to laugh at ourself". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 30 March 2021.