Walker's Shortbread is a Scottish manufacturer of shortbread, biscuits, cookies and crackers. The company's well-known shortbread is baked in the Moray village of Aberlour, following a recipe developed by Joseph Walker in 1898. Walkers Shortbread operates four factories in Aberlour, where the company is also headquartered, and two in nearby Elgin, Scotland.
|Products||Shortbread, biscuits, cookies and crackers|
In 2006, Walkers announced that the bakery in Aberlour would be closing and turning into a research facility for the company.
In 2017 Walkers Shortbread was granted a Royal Warrant of Appointment from Her Majesty The Queen for the supply of Shortbread to the Royal Household.
In 2018 the company's profits were diminished by a global increase in the price of butter by around 50% due to global supply shortages and demand increases, resulting in the company seeing a 60% drop in operating profit.
In 2020, the company rebranded, changing their name to Walker's Shortbread Ltd.
- [dead link]
- "Walkers Shortbread". Biscuit people. 11 January 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- "Business | The Scotsman". www.scotsman.com.
- "History of Walkers Shortbread". www.englishteastore.com. Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- "All you need to know about Walkers Shortbread". The Scotsman. Retrieved 18 October 2021.
- McCrea, Diane (2007). The handbook of organic and fair trade food marketing. Oxford: Blackwell Pub. pp. 176–180. ISBN 9780470996089.
- "Walkers Shortbread closing village bakery" - PoliticalGateway.com 13 June 2006
- "WalkersShortbread.com - History".
- Bindrim, Kira (2 July 2007). "Walkers Shortbread names new CEO". newyorkbusiness.com. Crain Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Her Majesty The Queen Grants Royal Warrant To Walkers For Shortbread". www.walkersshortbread.com. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- UK, Oscar Williams-Grut, Business Insider. "The butter market is going crazy". Business Insider. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- "Shortbread firm hit by butter price surge". 18 July 2018. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- Symon, Ken (7 October 2020). "Walker's Shortbread returns furlough payments as it reports increased turnover and marginally reduced profits". businessInsider. Insider Publications Ltd. Retrieved 3 September 2021.