Jean-Daniel Flaysakier, born Jean-Daniel Flajszakier (23 September 1951 – 7 October 2021) was a French doctor and journalist. He was the health and medicine correspondent for Antenne 2 and France 2 from 1980 to 2018.
23 September 1951
|Died||7 October 2021 (aged 70)|
Les Sables-d'Olonne, France
Born as Jean-Daniel Flajszakier, he francisized his name to Flaysakier. He earned a degree in medicine from the University of Tours and worked on the team which developed the first hepatitis B vaccine. He then earned a master's degree in epidemiology from Harvard University. Upon his return to France, he worked for written press, radio, and television.
From 1985 to 1991, Flaysakier was a health columnist on the Antenne 2 morning show Télématin, hosted by William Leymergie. He then became Deputy Editor-in-Chief of France 2 while simultaneously working in oncology. He contributed to the popularization of medicine on television, where he worked for 33 years. On 7 October 2018, he announced on his Twitter account that he would be retiring from France 2 at the end of the month. He was occasionally criticized for his comments on unjustified medical acts.
- Santé publique et responsabilité des médias (1997)
- "Jean-Daniel Flaysakier, ancien journaliste santé de France 2, retrouvé mort sur une plage". Actu.fr (in French). 11 October 2021. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Encyclopédie des pseudonymes. Tome I". BnF Catalogue général (in French).
- Lyon-Caen, Olivier (5 June 2012). "La diffusion des connaissances médicales". France 2 (in French).
- "Jean-Daniel Flaysakier, ancien journaliste santé de France Télévisions, est mort à l'âge de 70 ans". France Info (in French). 11 October 2021. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Le médecin Jean-Daniel Flaysakier va dire adieu à France 2". Le Parisien (in French). 7 October 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Actes injustifiés : une dizaine de médecins « pigeons » attaquent leur confrère journaliste de France 2". Le Quotidien du Médecin (in French). 19 February 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Death of Jean-Daniel Flaysakier, the face of France 2's health info for 30 years". Paris Beacon-News. 11 October 2021. Retrieved 12 October 2021.
- "Jean-Daniel Flaysakier". Cairn.info (in French).