Ilkeston Town F.C.
|Full name||Ilkeston Town Football Club|
|Ground||New Manor Ground|
|League||Northern Premier League Division One Midlands|
|2020–21||Northern Premier League Division One South East (season curtailed)|
On 30 June 2017, a company, Ilkeston Town F.C. Ltd was registered at Companies House. On 20 July 2017, it was confirmed that Ilkeston Town was bought by Alan Hardy. The club was formed in July 2017 after the previous football club in the town, Ilkeston F.C., folded months earlier. Taking the name of two earlier clubs to represent the town, Ilkeston Town were admitted into the Midland Football League as a late entry for their inaugural season, and were allocated a place in Division One.
The 2018–19 season would be much more successful for the Robins as they clinched the Midland Football League Premier Division title on 27 March 2019 and to earn their second promotion in two seasons as a club. They won the title in style, beating Loughborough University 8-1 on the final day of the season, pipping Walsall Wood to a spot in Step 4 on goal difference.
On 27 November 2019, Mark Clifford announced a restructure at the club. As part of this restructure, the club appointed Martin Carruthers as Manager, reuniting him with Clifford with whom he had worked at Basford United F.C..
Under 23 teamEdit
- As of 31 May 2020
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Ilkeston Town F.C. Ltd Companies House, 30 June 2017
- Alan Hardy purchases Ilkeston FC Notts County FC, 20 July 2017
- Ilkeston Town placed in Midland League Non League, 11 July 2017
- Club Statement: 2018/19 Season Ilkeston Town FC, 25 May 2018
- Ilkeston Town promoted to Step 4 Ilkeston Advertiser, 03 May 2019
- "Future bright as Ilkeston announce development plans".
- "Robins to Launch U23 Development Team". 27 April 2020.