"Games People Play", also known as ""They Just Can't Stop It" The (Games People Play)", is a song recorded by American R&B vocal group The Spinners. Released in 1975 from their Pick of the Litter album, featuring lead vocals by Bobby Smith, it was a crossover success, spending a week at number one on the US Hot Soul Singles chart and peaking at number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Recorded at Philadelphia's Sigma Sound Studios, the house band MFSB provided the backing.
|"Games People Play"|
|Single by The Spinners|
|from the album Pick of the Litter|
|B-side||"I Don't Want to Lose You"|
|Songwriter(s)||Joseph B. Jefferson, Bruce Hawes, Charles Simmons|
|The Spinners singles chronology|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 545.
- "Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Bienvenue au site Web Bibliothèque et Archives Canada / Welcome to the Library and Archives Canada website". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- "Adult Contemporary Music Chart". Billboard. 1975-10-25. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- "Top 100 1975-10-25". Cashbox Magazine. Archived from the original on 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2013-10-20.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". collectionscanada.gc.ca.
- "The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1975". cashboxmagazine.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.