Fred Hill (footballer, born 1940)
|Full name||Frederick Hill|
|Date of birth||17 January 1940|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Date of death||1 October 2021(aged 81)|
|Place of death||Bolton, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Sheffield, Hill began his career with the junior team of Bolton Wanderers, turning professional in 1957. He later played for Halifax Town, Manchester City and Peterborough United, making over 500 appearances in the Football League. He later played in Ireland for Cork Hibernians, and in non-league with Droylsden and Radcliffe Borough, before ending his career playing in Sweden. Hill was inducted into the Peterborough United F.C. Hall of Fame in February 2010.
Later life and deathEdit
- "Fred Hill". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Player profile". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Transfer Database. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Fred Hill at the English National Football Archive (subscription required)
- "Player profile". Peterborough United F.C. official website. 9 June 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Hall Inducted into Hall of Fame". Peterborough United F.C. official website. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Fred Hill at Englandstats.com
- "Bolton Wanderers legend Freddie Hill celebrates 80th birthday". The Bolton News.
- "Bolton Wanderers legend now on the mend after two hospital stays". The Bolton News.
- "Peterborough United great Freddie Hill (80) is out of hospital after a serious illness". www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk.
- "Bolton Wanderers mourn Freddie Hill, who has passed away at the age of 81". The Bolton News.
- "Freddie Hill: 1940-2021". www.bwfc.co.uk.