Emma Ritch (died 9 July 2021) was executive director of Engender, a feminist policy organisation working on women’s social, economic, and political equality in Scotland. She had been working there for 13 years when she died on 9 July 2021.
Ritch was a graduate of Glasgow University and a well known activist, campaigner and author. She worked as an advisor to the Scottish Government on equality issues. She was a member of the Scottish Government's First Minister's Advisory Council on Women & Girls. She was on the joint strategic board of Equally Safe, and the advisory group of the Scottish Women’s Rights Centre. Ritch became Chair of Rape Crisis Scotland board in 2016 and Chair of the Board of Trustees of the board of the Human Rights Consortium Scotland in 2020. She sat on the equality advisory groups of Skills Development Scotland, was a member of the YWCA Glasgow board for eight years, and served a four year term on the GMB union's National Equality Forum.
On her death, Ritch's career and voluntary work was described as 'dedicated to realising women's equality and rights' and Engender considered her 'hugely influential in the movement in Scotland'. The First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon called her 'a force for good - a passionate advocate for women's rights and a champion of justice and equality.' The Icelandic women's rights association Kvenrettindafelags Islands said she was a 'kind, brilliant and fiercely feminist voice for change in Europe.'
- "Our staff". Engender. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- "'This is truly heartbreaking news' - Leading Scottish feminist dies suddenly". www.scotsman.com. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- Gender justice advocates and the making of the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018. Routledge. 17 March 2021. doi:10.4324/9780429331053-43/gender-justice-advocates-making-domestic-abuse-scotland-act-2018-marsha-scott-emma-ritch. ISBN 978-0-429-33105-3.
- "Emma Ritch". The Saltire Society. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- Ritch, Emma (2019), Dustin, Moira; Ferreira, Nuno; Millns, Susan (eds.), "Foreboding Newness: Brexit and Feminist Civil Society in Scotland", Gender and Queer Perspectives on Brexit, Cham: Springer International Publishing, pp. 333–362, doi:10.1007/978-3-030-03122-0_13, ISBN 978-3-030-03121-3, retrieved 12 July 2021
- "Nicola Sturgeon leads tributes to women's rights advocate". STV News. 12 July 2021. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- "Emma Ritch | National Advisory Council on Women and Girls". One Scotland. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- "Tributes paid to leading Scottish feminist Emma Ritch following her sudden death". HeraldScotland. Retrieved 12 July 2021.
- "FM leads tributes for charity boss after death". The National. 13 July 2021. p. 9.