Djohari Kahar (11 November 1931 – 12 September 2021) was an Indonesian politician and lecturer. A member of Golkar, he served as Chairman of the West Sumatra Regional People's Representative Council and also represented West Sumatra on the People's Representative Council and the People's Consultative Assembly.
|Member of the People's Representative Council|
|Member of the People's Consultative Assembly|
|Chairman of the West Sumatra Regional People's Representative Council|
|Preceded by||H.A. Burhani Tjokrohandoko|
|Member of the West Sumatra Regional People's Representative Council|
|Born||11 November 1931|
Solok, Dutch East Indies
|Died||12 September 2021 (aged 89)|
Djohari was the son of Kaharudin Datuk Rangkayo Basa and his wife, Mariah. His father served as Chief of Police of Central Sumatra and became the first Governor of West Sumatra. Kahar graduated from Madrasah Adabiyah in 1945 and became a freedom fighter. He became a Member and Chairman of the Student Association of SMA Negeri Bukittinggi, serving from 1950 to 1952. He graduated from the Faculty of Law at Andalas University in 1962.
Kahar started his career as a teacher before being appointed Director of SMA Negeri 2 Padang, where he served from 1961 to 1963. He worked as Chief Secretary of Shipyard projects at the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources from 1964 to 1966, and served as Secretary of the Ministry from 1966 to 1971. He entered politics in 1965 and became a member of KOSGORO. He was appointed to represent Golkar on the General Elections Commission from 1970 to 1971.
Kahar was elected to the West Sumatra Regional People's Representative Council in 1971 and served as Chairman from 1977 to 1987. From 1972 to 1977, he served as Deputy Chairman of KORPRI for West Sumatra. He served as Deputy Chairman of the KORPRI Board of Trustees from 1984 to 1987. He served on the People's Consultative Council from 1982 to 1987 and on the People's Representative Council from 1987 to 1992. He then retired from politics.
In August 2008, on Indonesia's 63rd Independence Day, Kahar was honored by Governor of West Sumatra Gamawan Fauzi alongside many other West Sumatran figures for his contributions to the development of the province.
- Bil Wahid, Ahmad (12 September 2021). "Ketua DPRD Sumbar Era 80-an Djohari Kahar Meninggal Dunia". Langgam.id (in Indonesian). Retrieved 13 September 2021.
- "Penghargaan Golkar pada Dua Tokoh Sumbar". Jawa Pos (in Indonesian). Jakarta. 19 October 2008. Retrieved 13 September 2021.
- Ringkasan riwayat hidup anggota DPRD-I, hasil pemilihan umum tahun 1977: Untuk wilayah Sumatera (in Indonesian). Lembaga. 1979.
- Pemilihan umum 1987, Volume 17 (in Indonesian). Lembaga Pemilihan Umum. 1988.
- "Profil". Sman 2 Padang (in Indonesian).
- Pemilihan umum tahun 1982, Volume 16 (in Indonesian). Lembaga Pemilihan Umum. 1983.
- "Mantan Ketua DPRD Sumbar Djohari Kahar Meninggal Dunia". Poskota Sumbar (in Indonesian). 12 September 2021. Retrieved 13 September 2021.