Department of Primary Industries and Energy
|Formed||24 July 1987|
|Dissolved||21 October 1998|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
At its creation, the Department was responsible for:
- Agricultural, pastoral, fishing, forest, mineral and energy industries, and electricity
- Water and other natural resources
- Primary industries inspection and quarantine
- Primary industries and energy science and research, including geoscience
- Commodity marketing, including export promotion
- Commodity-specific international organisations and activities
- Administration of international commodity agreements
- Administration of export controls on primary industries and energy products
- Radioactive waste management.
- CA 5990: Department of Primary Industries and Energy, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 19 December 2013