Daniele Del Giudice
|Daniele Del Giudice|
|Born||11 January 1949 |
|Died||2 September 2021 (aged 72)|
Born in Rome in 1949, Del Giudice researched avant-garde theatre first in Wrocław, Poland, and later political theatre, focusing on Italian actor Dario Fo. He also worked for various newspapers, becoming an established essayist and literary critic. His first novel in 1983, Lo stadio di Wimbledon (Wimbledon stadium) told the story of writer Roberto Balzen, who gives up writing to lead an active life. The novel was made into a film in 2002. Del Giudice died on 2 September 2021 at the age of 72.
List of worksEdit
- Lo stadio di Wimbledon (1983)
- Atlante occidentale (1985) Translated by Norman MacAfee and Luigi Fontanella as Lines of Light (1988)
- Nel museo di Reims (1988)
- Taccuino Australe (1990) A 6-part diary of a journey to Antarctica, published in Corriere della Sera and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Staccando l'ombra da terra (1994) Translated by Joseph Farrell as Takeoff: The Pilot's Lore (1996)
- Mania (1997)
- Orizzonte mobile (2009)
- Europa - Twelve European Authors receive the European Union Prize for Literature
- Daniele del Giudice [Italy]
- STEFANO, PAOLO DI (2 September 2021). "È morto Daniele Del Giudice: nei suoi libri la leggerezza e il mistero". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Retrieved 2 September 2021.
- Premio Letterario Viareggio-Rèpaci Archived 26 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Vincitori e finalisti di tutte le edizioni
- "Premio Bagutta". Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2010.
- Premio di Narrativa
- "Premi "Antonio Feltrinelli" finora conferiti". Archived from the original on 28 July 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2010.
- Biografia Daniele Del Giudice
- Daniele del Giudice biography