|Date of birth||12 May 1936|
|Place of birth||Larkhall, Scotland|
|Date of death||October 2021 (aged 85)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
He managed Hamilton during his first spell as a player there. After retiring as a player, Lamont managed East Stirlingshire. Lamont enjoyed some success with the club, guiding them to promotion in 1979–80 and a place in the quarter-finals of the 1980–81 Scottish Cup. He then managed Dumbarton and guided them to near the top of the Scottish First Division in the 1983–84 season, but left the club in February 1984 to manage Falkirk.
Lamont guided Falkirk to promotion to the Scottish Premier Division in 1985–86, but then left the club in February 1987 because he believed that the club needed a full-time manager to compete in the Premier Division and he was unwilling to relinquish his other job. After leaving Falkirk, Lamont then managed Partick Thistle. He returned to Falkirk in November 1989 on a part-time basis, but was sacked a few months later after the club was taken over by new owners. Lamont then returned to Dumbarton. In season 1991-92 Billy successfully led Dumbarton to the First Division by winning the Scottish Second Division and later managed Alloa Athletic.
After retiring from the game, Lamont resided in Spain. He died in October 2021, at the age of 85.
- "ALBION ROVERS : 1946/47 – 2011/12". neilbrown.newcastlefans.com. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "HAMILTON ACADEMICAL : 1946/47 – 2011/12". neilbrown.newcastlefans.com. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "1970–2000". eaststirlingshirefc.com. East Stirlingshire FC. Archived from the original on 22 August 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Reynolds, Jim (29 February 1984). "Lamont is new Falkirk manager". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Paul, Ian (24 November 1989). "Question of who is the big chief". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Lamont to lead Thistle revival". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. 16 April 1987. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- McKinlay, Hugh (20 April 1990). "Lamont is sacked by Falkirk". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Lamont back at the helm". The Herald. Herald & Times Group. 24 April 1990. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Hutson, Darin (9 October 2021). "Ex-Falkirk and East Stirlingshire manager Billy Lamont dies at age of 85". The Falkirk Herald.
Billy Lamont at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database