Benedita Barata da Rocha
She earned her M.D. 1972 from the University of Lisbon, and her Ph.D. 1978 from the University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK. She was "directeur de recherche classe exceptionel" (DRCE) of the CNRS and director of a research unit of the INSERM at the Necker Institute, Paris, France. Her major scientific contributions are in the areas of T cell immune tolerance, T cell memory and development of intraepithelial lymphocytes.
- Rocha, B; von Boehmer, H (8 March 1991). "Peripheral selection of the T cell repertoire". Science. 251 (4998): 1225–8. doi:10.1126/science.1900951. PMID 1900951.
- Tanchot, C; Lemonnier, FA; Pérarnau, B; Freitas, AA; Rocha, B (27 June 1997). "Differential requirements for survival and proliferation of CD8 naïve or memory T cells". Science. 276 (5321): 2057–62. doi:10.1126/science.276.5321.2057. PMID 9197272.
- Veiga-Fernandes, H; Walter, U; Bourgeois, C; McLean, A; Rocha, B (July 2000). "Response of naïve and memory CD8+ T cells to antigen stimulation in vivo". Nature Immunology. 1 (1): 47–53. doi:10.1038/76907. PMID 10881174.
- Peaudecerf, L; dos Santos, PR; Boudil, A; Ezine, S; Pardigon, N; Rocha, B (January 2011). "The role of the gut as a primary lymphoid organ: CD8αα intraepithelial T lymphocytes in euthymic mice derive from very immature CD44+ thymocyte precursors". Mucosal Immunology. 4 (1): 93–101. doi:10.1038/mi.2010.47. PMID 20737000.
- "Benedita Barata de Rocha, M.D., Ph.D." European Academy of Tumor Immunology. Archived from the original on 7 May 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- Firmino, Teresa. "Benedita Rocha (1949-2021), um espírito livre apaixonado pela imunologia". Público (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 October 2021.
- "Benedita Almeida-Ribeiro Barata da Rocha - La Passion de L'Immunite" (PDF). CNRS. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2016.
- "Médailles d'argent du CNRS". CNRS. Archived from the original on 20 July 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "PubMed Search: Rocha B".