|Federal Minister for Information and Postal Service (caretaker)|
2 April 2013 – 7 June 2013
|President||Asif Ali Zardari|
|Prime Minister||Mir Hazar Khan Khoso (caretaker)|
|Born||14 October 1948|
|Died||21 July 2021 (aged 72)|
He was one of the most competent journalists in Pakistan.
He left The Nation due to personal disagreements with his uncle, the late Majid Nizami who was the managing director and Chief Executive at the family-owned newspapers at that time, whereas Arif Nizami was a part-owner and a director of the company.
In 2013, he was made caretaker minister for Information and Postal Service.
In 2015, Arif Nizami became CEO of Channel 24. He was also the host of a political talk show "Debate News Analysis". Arif Nizami is also known for previously hosting a current affairs show on Samaa TV. He was also a guest in 92 News Talk Show program "Ho Kya Raha Hai".
Arif Nizami passed away on Wednesday 21 July 2021 at the age of 72. Arif Nizami had suffered from a heart attack around 1st July and was admitted to a private hospital in Lahore .
- "Arif Nizami moves court". Pakistan: Dawn. 25 November 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- Sarah Elahi (8 October 2010). "Former 'The Nation' editor launches new publication". The Express Tribune (newspaper). Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "Federal cabinet: Caretaker ministers assigned portfolios – The Express Tribune". 4 April 2013.
- PMU Correspondant (1 July 2015). "Arif Nizami becomes Channel 24 CEO". Pakistan Media Updates.
- Political Talk Show: Arif Nizami 92 News Channel
- "Veteran journalist Arif Nizami passes away in Lahore". Geo News.