|Member of the Michigan House of Representatives|
from the 43rd district
January 1, 2019 – October 1, 2021
|Preceded by||Jim Tedder|
|Born||June 2, 1964|
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
|Died||October 1, 2021(aged 57)|
|Residence||Independence Township, Michigan|
|Education||Miami University (BS)|
Wheelock College (MS)
Schroeder earned a Bachelor of Science degree in child and family studies and early childhood education from Miami University. In 1987, Schroeder attended Wheelock College. In 2006, Schroeder graduated from the Michigan Political Leadership program from Michigan State University.
Prior to entering politics, Schroeder was a teacher.
In 2012, Schroeder became a member of board of trustees of Chartered Township of Independence until 2018.
On August 5, 2014, Schroeder lost the Republican primary for district 43 in the Michigan House of Representatives. Schroeder had 28.91% of the votes and she was defeated by Jim Tedder with 30.54% of the votes.
On November 6, 2018, Schroeder won the election and became a Republican member of Michigan House of Representatives for the 43rd district. Schroeder defeated Nicole Breadon with 56.52% of the votes.
Schroeder was the Vice chairperson of the Financial Services Committee.
Before her election to the state legislature, Schroeder was a teacher and operated a consulting business.
- Michigan Manual 2019-2020. Lansing, Michigan: The Legislative Service Bureau. 2019. p. 222. ISBN 1-878210-06-8.
- "Andrea Schroeder's Biography". Vote Smart. Retrieved November 27, 2019.
- "Andrea Schroeder's Bio". gophouse.org. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- "2014 Michigan Election Results". mielections.us. August 5, 2014. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- "Andrea Schroeder". Ballotpedia. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- "2018 Michigan Election Results". mielections.us. November 6, 2018. Retrieved November 26, 2019.
- Mauger, Craig. "Michigan Rep. Andrea Schroeder dies after cancer battle". The Detroit News. Retrieved 2021-10-01.
- Michigan state Rep. Andrea Schroeder dies of stomach cancer