Aldo Rizzo (24 May 1935 – 9 November 2021) was an Italian politician and magistrate.
|Mayor of Palermo|
August 1992 – December 1992
|Preceded by||Domenico Lo Vasco|
|Succeeded by||Manlio Orobello|
|Born||24 May 1935|
|Died||9 November 2021 (aged 86)|
|Political party||Italian Communist Party|
He was elected as an independent on the list of the Italian Communist Party first and then the Democratic Party of the Left to the municipal council of Palermo. He left the Democratic Party in March 1992.
He dealt with the kidnapping of the businessman Luciano Cassina in 1974. He was also re-elected in 1983 and 1987 in western Sicily, serving as secretary of the presidential council of the chamber. He was also elected member of the Superior Council of the judiciary.
Rizzo died on 9 November 2021, at the age of 86.
- "ALDO RIZZO NUOVO SINDACO DI PALERMO" (in Italian). repubblica.it. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Politica in lutto, morto a 92 anni l'ex sindaco di Palermo Mimmo Lo Vasco" (in Italian). palermotoday.it. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "RIZZO Aldo" (in Italian). legislature.camera.it. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Il magistrato: sono di sinistra e lo rifarei, la condanna non era ben motivata" (in Italian). corriere.it. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Palermo, eletto il nuovo sindaco. è Aldo Rizzo, transfuga dal PDS" (in Italian). corriere.it. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Morto Aldo Rizzo: fu vicesindaco della Primavera di Palermo". La Repubblica. 10 November 2021.
- Aldo Rizzo on storia.camera.it