Agostino Gambino (6 July 1933 – 2 October 2021) was an Italian jurist and politician. He served as Minister of Communications and President of the Associazione Internazionale di Diritto delle Assicurazioni.
|Minister of Communications|
17 January 1995 – 17 May 1996
|Preceded by||Giuseppe Tatarella|
|Succeeded by||Antonio Maccanico|
|Born||6 July 1933|
|Died||2 October 2021 (aged 88)|
A graduate of Heidelberg University and the University of Hamburg, he became a lawyer in 1958. He became a professor in 1965 and taught commercial and bankruptcy law at the University of Sassari, the Ca' Foscari University of Venice, and the Sapienza University of Rome. He became a professor emeritus in 2005.
Gambino became co-director of the Rivista di diritto commerciale and President of the Associazione Internazionale di Diritto delle Assicurazioni. He served on the board of directors of the Banca Nazionale dell'Agricoltura, MEIE, and Fata Assicurazioni. He was government commissioner of Consorzi agrari d'Italia. Following the collapse of Banco Ambrosiano, he was appointed by the Vatican and Italian governments to co-chair the international commission to manage relations between the bank and the Institute for the Works of Religion.
Gambino also worked for the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of State Participations, and the Ministry of State Participations. In 1994, he became a part of a government commission nicknamed the "three wise men". The commission was placed in charge of mitigating conflicts between the private sector and properties of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
- L'assicurazione nella teoria dei contratti aleatori
- Fondamenti di diritto commerciale
- Impresa e società di persone
- Società di capitali
- "E' morto Gambino: aveva 88 anni, fu ministro legge Par Condicio". Adnkronos (in Italian). 2 October 2021. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "Agostino GAMBINO". Senato della Repubblica (in Italian).
- "Ecco il governo dei professori". la Repubblica (in Italian). 18 January 1995.
- "Segretariato generale della Presidenza della Repubblica-Servizio sistemi informatici". Presidenza della Repubblica (in Italian). 21 May 1995.
- "Presentazione". Studio legale Gambino (in Italian).
- "Rivista del Diritto Commerciale". Piccin Nuova Libraria (in Italian).
- "Agostino Gambino". AIDA (in Italian). Piccin Nuova Libraria.
- Tamburini, Fabio (6 May 1994). "L'Avvocato delle cause ricche". la Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- Mazzocchi, Silvana (27 July 1994). "I saggi ' c' e' conflitto di interessi'". la Repubblica (in Italian). Rome. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "Agostino Gambino è morto: era stato Ministro della Repubblica nel 1995-1996. Fu l'artefice della legge sulla Par Condicio". Il Messaggero (in Italian). 2 October 2021. Retrieved 3 October 2021.