2021 Milan airplane crash
On 3 October 2021, a Romanian private plane crashed into a building in San Donato Milanese, Lombardy, Italy. All eight occupants of the aircraft were killed, including the Romanian businessman and billionaire Dan Petrescu, the owner and pilot of the plane.
|Date||3 October 2021|
|Site||San Donato Milanese, Italy |
|Aircraft type||Pilatus PC-12/47E|
|Flight origin||Linate Airport, Milan, Italy|
|Destination||Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport, Olbia, Italy|
At 13:03 CEST on 3 October 2021, a small private plane carrying two crew and six passengers departed Milan's Linate Airport destined for Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport on Sardinia, both locations being in Italy. At 13:12, it crashed into a building near San Donato station in San Donato Milanese, killing all eight on board.
Eight people were killed during the crash, and were identified as: the Romanian businessman Dan Petrescu, his Romanian–French wife and their son; the others were a family of four: an Italian man, his French wife, their one-year-old child, and the child's Romanian–French maternal grandmother; and a Canadian man who was a mutual friend of both families.
- Wert, Jakob (3 October 2021). "Pilatus PC-12 aircraft crashes in Milan, hits building". International Flight Network. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- Francis, Alannah (3 October 2021). "Plane crashes into vacant building in Milan, killing eight". inews.co.uk. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "Eight killed after plane crashes into Milan office building". The Guardian. Associated Press. 3 October 2021. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- Costea, Alexandru (3 October 2021). "VIDEO & FOTO Un avion privat românesc s-a prăbușit într-o clădire din Milano. Toate persoanele de la bord au murit" [VIDEO & PHOTO A Romanian private plane crashed in a building in Milan. All the people on board died]. Digi24 (in Romanian).
- "Milan plane crash: Eight dead as private jet hits building". BBC News. 3 October 2021. Retrieved 3 October 2021.
- "San Donato Milanese: plane crashed on building, 8 dead. Even a child – Chronicle". Italy24 News English. 3 October 2021. Retrieved 4 October 2021.
- "Eight killed as plane crashes into Milan building". BBC News. 4 October 2021. Retrieved 4 October 2021.
- "San Donato Milanese, aereo caduto su edificio: 8 morti, due sono italiani" [San Donato Milanese, plane crashed on building: 8 dead, two are Italian]. Quotidiano Nazionale (in Italian). 3 October 2021.